Soundclick

• 3 Replies

ric

• Open Mic
« on: September 18, 2011, 05:14:22 PM »
Hi,

When you post someone a link to a song on Soundclick do they actually have to be logged into Soundclick to hear it please?

Thanks,

Ric

ric

• Open Mic
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 05:16:25 PM »
ask because this just happemed to me - I clicked on a link to a song & was asked to log in first  :-\

DailyDean

• Busker
  • I'm Dean and I'm mean
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 03:14:04 PM »
That's funny, I didn't think you needed to. Just randomly tried out a band I knew on it without logging in and it was fine. I'm assuming you've logged off and typed in the name of your site? i.e. www.soundclick.com/(name).

Personally I prefer to use SoundCloud when linking my songs since it has a proper embedded player (and there's no login issues).

ric

• Open Mic
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 04:26:56 PM »
That's funny, I didn't think you needed to. Just randomly tried out a band I knew on it without logging in and it was fine. I'm assuming you've logged off and typed in the name of your site? i.e. www.soundclick.com/(name).

Personally I prefer to use SoundCloud when linking my songs since it has a proper embedded player (and there's no login issues).

I use SoundClick a lot now. I use SoundClick also because I can understand the SCk charts, they tell me exactly where my song is within its genre, how high (or not) it went and so forth. I can't get any sense out of the SoundCloud charts at all. The other chart I know is Reverbnation, but that's a joke because I found an artist just below the 600 mark with NO MUSIC AT ALL iow he was ahead of several thousand artists with one or more tracks uploaded! I no longer take the Reverbnation charts seriously at all - someone independent needs to scrutinise them.