Hopes and fears

• 8 Replies

Wicked Deeds

« on: January 04, 2019, 01:38:31 PM »
Determined to make a departure from of some of my recent deeply sad and personal work, I came up with this.  It will be given the full band treatment soon.

Hopes and fears

Here she comes with her Mona-Lisa smile.
She's the one one I choose to complicate my lifestyle.
Here she comes with her beautiful brown hair.
It's late, I'm tired yet she's focused on her skin-care.

I'm in love with her velvet skin, her eyes of sin.
Undressed, 'neath the chandelier,
our hopes and fears are found.

Here she comes with her Bridget Bardot charm.
I might as well report her to The Gendarme.
Casually, her clothes fall from her frame
It's late, I'm tired, yet I'm waiting for the end-game.

our hopes and fears are found,
our hopes and fears are found.

Her sultry eyes have woken my sleepy head.
I bide my time then I say "Hey hun, come to bed."
I wait for her to say "love me do, the way that I love you too."

Our hopes and fears are found.

Wicked Deeds January 2019

« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 11:01:24 PM by Wicked Deeds »

Orange Mississippi

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 02:10:19 PM »
Hi good lyrics I’m not sure I like ‘neath’ it doesn’t fit with me but thats just me - I prefer beneath
I hope you don’t mind just offering my constructive criticism - I’d probably leave out brown and just say beautiful hair , although I know you are trying to tell a story .
Look forward to hearing the finished version

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 10:57:04 PM »
@Orange Mississippi , thanks for reading the lyrics. I don't mind at all that you've shared your ideas/preferences.

I posted these lyrics because, I'm busy writing a new collection of songs that hopefully stand up without the elaborate productions that are often associated with my work. it's quite liberating for a songwriter to focus on the skill that he/she learned first, many years ago. Who knows, I might even decide to put a live set together.

Paul
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 10:58:54 PM by Wicked Deeds »

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 06:26:31 PM »
Hi Paul - these are a bit different - really fun and witty.

The verses really get the story over brilliantly.

I think the chorus has potential to add more to the story - I wonder if you could do something with "her hopes, my fears" - to continue the theme of how different the characters are? I can't quite put it into words, but I think her hopes and his fears coming out under the light of the chandelier when they are both undressed is quite a powerful image.

Some small points: I think "velvet skin" sounds a bit overused (and the first skin comes really soon after skin-care which makes it lose something). Syllables permitting I'd also go with *below* the chandelier...

Anyhow, look forward to hearing it in whatever guise it emerges!

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 08:53:16 PM »
@adamfarr,

Hey Adam,

Thanks for your detailed comments/observations. I don't mind the velvet skin line bit I could find another adjective and might do so. I had also observed the closeness of the velvet skin/skincare lyrics and wondered if I had introduced them too closely together.  Some great suggestions here my friend that perhaps I will explore. 

I'm quite excited about this song Adam. 'Hopes  and fears' and 'We lit the fuse' are two recent songs that I'm quite proud of.  They are a departure from my recent presentations.

I've started to rehearse a live set and may present them in a live video on the forum. I think it would be great to have a regular live  performance every 2-4 weeks for those wishing to do so. 

Back to the song,  I'm really buzzing about it.  I'm starting to find my spark again.

Thanks Adam

Paul

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2019, 10:28:50 AM »
@adamfarr

https://soundcloud.com/pvasey1/hopes-and-fears

A sneak preview of a work in progress for you.

Paul

Dogmax

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2019, 11:05:39 PM »
Hey man lyric lines don't actually end in a sound flow on written words, sound reading on your flow sounds like ending on a simple guitar flow, you know what i mean  8)

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2019, 07:21:36 PM »
Hey man lyric lines don't actually end in a sound flow on written words, sound reading on your flow sounds like ending on a simple guitar flow, you know what i mean  8)

I have no idea what a "sound flow" is.  It woks for me 100%

https://soundcloud.com/pvasey1/hopes-and-fears

Dogmax

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2019, 10:14:09 PM »
Sound flow is without all the gadgets but it work for you and thats the main thing, i like it  8)