konalavadome

Thank You!

• 24 Replies

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2019, 02:56:13 PM »
@nooms

Ha,as it happens amigo,'Don't Fear' is a very fav riff of mine. Cool to be mentioned in the same context. Ta nooms.  :)

@Paulski

Thank you mister Newman.  8)

@Movin Flavour

Thanks Sandeep,glad ya liked it man.  :)

@Bill Saunders

Cheers back atcha Bill!  :D

@Neil C

Yo Neil. The lead sound is one I've used quite a bit just for driven lead passages. It's just a patch in Logic ProX called 'Arena'. It sounds quite horrible and fizzy on it's own,but seems to sit well in the mix.
The guitar is my homemade Strat with a big fat Telecaster pickup in the bridge position. It was wound by Rob DeStefano in New Jersey. His company is Cavalier pickups,a lot of bang for little buck,imo. I've always stayed away from bridge p/ups on Strats,because they can sound thin and weak,so fitting a Fat Lion and wiring the tone control to cover that position,made me a lot happier and the guitar more versatile.  :)

@Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

Yo Ian,I hear you on the need to slow down with the drink. It's cool you can have a few and stop. That's my aim,I'd hate to be an evangelistic teetotaller bore! Glad you dig the song.  :)

@pompeyjazz

That brass ain't gonna polish itself boy!  :D

Thanks for the kind comments John. I'm the same with listening habits now. Mainstream radio music has left me behind,for the most part. 'Tis the way of things.  :) I've just finished a song on the merits of the old pirate radio stations of yesteryear. Nostalgia city!

@PaulAds

Wow Paul!  :o

My missus says I'm a selfish bastard,my spirit of generosity has obviously escaped her notice. Maybe it's blattering on my guitar when she wants a room painted,wot did it!  :D

@cowparsleyman

Hey Rich. The guitars were just straight into the daw through a Focusrite,no amps or mics were defiled in this process! The patch I used on lead parts is mentioned in my reply to Neil up there ^

I'd love to be in a position where I could mic up my amp and use any of my pedals,but my situation demands My set up to be minimal,so I try to get the best from what I have 'in house'.

Doing vocals is a right pain. I must wait until I have the house to myself, (rare,these days) stick an SM58 on the table and quickly shout into it before anyone comes home and hears me!  :D

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2019, 11:28:48 PM »
Such smooth and appealing guitar playing, @Skub - I know that this is always the case, so I guess I'll just keep saying it :). I love the lyric (particularly "the grand illusion of having a voice.." stuck with me, and the theme - beautifully delivered once again. So lovely to hear new material from you. I shall be listening to this more and look forward to the next one..

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2019, 12:45:23 AM »
This gets better every time I listen to it. I haven't posted a guest artist on my Facebook page for awhile.... I think it's time. No nits.

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2019, 05:06:36 PM »
@adamfarr

Thanks a lot for the listen and kind wishes Adam.  :)

@MichaelA

Cheers Michael,it's my gratitude to an indifferent universe!  :D

@PaulyX

Thanks Pauly. I keep rattlesnakes close to keep the monkeys off my back!  ;)

@fischermans

Thank you man.  :)

@tboswell

I'm a real life dinosaur! Thanks Tom.  :)

@MonnoDB

Yer too kind Karen. Smooth and appealing,everything I'm not!  :D

@CaliaMoko

Yo Vicki,thanks for the repeated listens and the reposting. So often our songs are like fireworks,played once and forgotten. 

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2019, 02:08:07 PM »
Skub's on point! (would be the headline if this were a gig review)

Let music be thy God!! (© I don't know if that's been said before or if I just made it up, but if I did, I'm having it. Moments of lyrical inspiration are few and far between for me)

Great stuff Skub, love the instrumental interludes.

Thought provoking, we've all got something to be thankful for, whether we believe in the big man, the Easter bunny, Tarantino or A N Other.

Strong song.

Yodasdad

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2019, 03:03:29 PM »
I'm so pleased to hear you're doing well. Keep it up. I hope the changes keep you feeling better and better.

Excellent song, who can find anything to criticize? Not me.

Lynn

Jambrains

• Platinum Album
  • Jim Steinman ftw!
    • Jambrains
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2019, 10:33:38 AM »
Yo @Skub!
Totally dig this! Lovely guitars and overall a very late 60's/early 70's vibe to it.Think the drums are a bit to 'modern' sounding for the vibe though and the vocals could come up a bit in the mix. Minor things of course, tons to like. Well done!

Ps: We should set up for a proper guitar duel at some point  ;D

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2019, 06:01:21 PM »
@Yodasdad

Thank you brother M.B.  :)

@redrhodie

Ta for the listen Lynn.  :)

@Jambrains

I'm always wary of having my vox too high in the mix and I'll admit,tend to err on the side of caution.  :D

You'll have to clue me in on the 'too modern' drums,Johan. I'm too much of a philistine to know what you mean. I'll PM you for clarification.  :)

Martinswede

• Platinum Album
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2019, 08:51:16 PM »
Hi Skub! Nice song. Some times you just have to let the guitar do the talknig.
 I must have missed it earlier.
It's hard to keep up with all new songs arriving almost daily.

The original strat seems made for improvements. I'm waiting for parts to try a new wiring. I'll report if it's a sucsess.

You have my full support in your sobriety. I quit a week ago, clinicially. The whole Damocles set up. My supporter say it's easy to stop, but it makes you fragile. Stress or depression must be dealt with at the first sign.

All the best, and just enjoy the benefits of it fro the moment.

Martin

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2019, 02:37:31 PM »
Boom, guess who just got back today.....

Welcome back Skubs, Had a few listens, Yeh, great guitar work and a rocking backing track to boot.

Right up our street this...Feels like you just walked in, kicked over a few chairs and said, Im back.

Top work.

ps, Respect for staying dry man, your body will thank you for it.