konalavadome

Thank You!

• 24 Replies

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« on: January 03, 2019, 10:55:19 PM »
Yo good people.  :)

I've been a little sporadic with my posting on the forum,since late last year. The usual stuff where life gets in the way of plans.  :D All my music gear has been in storage for months and I've missed you lot too,but,right now I'm pleased to accept some normality.

Anyways,for health reasons I've had to make a few ...er adjustments to my lifestyle,one of them being 'advised' to distance myself from my old friend alcohol. Man I love to drink and I've been putting it away in increasingly large quantities over the last years. I've been dry since September and I'm feeling damn good,so I'm trying to hold onto that one!  :D

The song was born from that kind of emotion. I love walking and it makes me feel good,since I don't have a deity to thank,I wrote a song of thankfulness anyway!

Love life you folk and be thankful for everything.  8)

https://soundcloud.com/skub1955/project-24072018

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 11:25:45 PM »

fine song davy and sentiment.. with you completely mate
moves along great ..love the changes and guitar rundowns kind of fear of the reaper which nicely links with the matter in hand.. 
that guitar does you proud.. whipps up the crowd.. sparks.. like fireworks

stay well davey
i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 02:08:07 AM »
Hey Davey
Really liked this one.
Great work on that axe.

grand illusion of having a voice

what a great line that is  :D
Wish I had sth to offer but when there's no nits - there's no nits  :D

Keep the faith
Paul

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 08:33:35 AM »
Hi Davey,

Any songs that I review of yours should have a proforma with " Great Guitars" .... Always are.

Am glad how you stayed dried since Sept and hope you stay well.( Just 3 days for me!!!!)

Clever lyrics and lovely singing and production..... Did not expect that ending.

A great listen.

Sandeep

Bill Saunders

• Platinum Album
    • https://soundcloud.com/bill-saunders
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 09:27:02 AM »
Hi Davy

Yeah, known this tune of yours for a while now, and it is right up there - really enjoyed your singing on this one, as well as the guitars (obvs, duh). Very well put together song.

It's great to see you back on the forum. Enjoy and happy and healthy 2019.

Cheers! (Whoops, Kind regards  ;))

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2019, 10:46:24 AM »
Great intro Skub,
Meaty arrangement had me bopping along and then to a catchy chorus with its chordal changes, then back into the lovely sounding '12 string' section.
And enjoying the gritty vocals and the guitars as ever.Q: on the rock solo at 1.19 how are you getting the sound - is it a TS on a Strat?
Lots to like hear you heathen, and delighted you're on the straight and narrow
Going to have another play
 :)
neil
songwriter of no repute..

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2019, 04:03:12 PM »
Love the guitars in this Davy....right from that captivating intro.

Sounds like what it's voicing....uplifting with a good drive....and works big time when it goes into that bridge.

Super guitar workout finish too.

I also had to go dry about 7 years ago....surprisingly easy to do when you got no choice. Thankfully we no longer live above a pub! Couple of glasses of red couple of nights a week now my limit.

Thinkin of you!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 04:17:30 PM by Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra »
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2019, 09:59:36 PM »
Man, this is sounding mighty fine. I love the guitar sounds you've got going down here Davy. The 12 string guitar runs with that jangly feel always get me. I'm always in awe of your vocals as well. You put such a lot of thought into them and compliment them with the DV bv ensemble. This song has quality oozing out of it. I wish that mainstream radio stations took a good look / listen to what some of the demographically listeners like. These days I prefer to listen to music like this on the forum other than anything else. Anyway,  that's my 5 minute break over. Better get back to polishing the brass  :D

Wonderful Davy  :)

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2019, 09:58:14 AM »
Top drawer, Davy!

Thoughtfully put together and it's great to hear you in such rude health. You've always been such a massive help to me...this seems as good a place as any to say it. Your generosity of spirit is quite remarkable.

The love of guitars and of music and of enjoying what we have, as much as we can, for as long as we can shines through here.

Super stuff, man...good luck on that wagon   :)
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2019, 10:08:23 AM »
@Skub - I'm a sucker for a decent guitarist's song, this is really cool.

Just interested if the Gtrs were mic'd Amp + Stomps or DI's into something like Scuffham/Amplitude?

Nice playing man. Hope all goes well with your recovery Davy, We need you.

Rich

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2019, 11:13:44 AM »
Damn - love those guitars (teeny bit of a Run To You vibe in the intro, but then just tight, controlled, keeping something left in the tank, and serving the song all through).

Really enjoying the lyrics and vocals too. I reckon this good health suits you and hope it keeps you going strong for many more years to come.

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2019, 11:56:24 AM »
Pretty much a perfect guitar song. Great sounding guitars they are too, underpinned by a catchy intricate riff then impressive solo imaginings. The vocal harmonies pull the melody together well.

If all that's not enough I love the theme of this, your SC introduction, your backstory on here and the life affirming tune you've created - kind of like defiance in the face of adversity!

Hope all goes well for you both health wise and creatively in 2019 Davy. Thanks for sharing the song and your recent story!
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2019, 11:36:16 PM »
Hello Skub
Great sounding track - not 100% sure why but it transported me to a 'wide open desert' ... I could hear rattlesnakes... maybe it was the tremelo (?) on the guitars. Anyway superbly crafted, full of emotion but you don't over emote in delivery so it stays classy.
Hope you stay in rude health sir.
Paul
It's all too beautiful.

fischermans

• Platinum Album
  • most other people find me suspicious
    • This is my band and me.
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2019, 06:41:49 AM »
Hello Skub, very classy song with a super lead guitar and fine singing. Nice message well deserved.
Alexander
My band and me live in Eupen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp_SGRMve1M&feature=youtu.be
><(((°><°)))><

tboswell

• Platinum Album
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2019, 12:16:53 PM »
Awesome 70s vibe about it to my ears, when guitar bands roamed the earth properly!

Some fabulous picking in there that is just a pleasure to hear  :D