give me a night (first song post)

• 23 Replies

macker71165

• Busker
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2019, 12:53:06 PM »
Big welcome Toni and what a great first song :) It very well arranged and I thought the mix sounded fine. Your vocals sounded great as well.
Would be nice to have the lyrics posted. It has all the elements of a good rock song and I liked the middle 8  :)
DAW'S can be a little intimidating at first, but once you take control, they can be so much fun  ;D Can't wait to hear more from you  :)
thank you

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2019, 06:07:58 PM »
Yo Tony.

I love the sound on those guitars and the vocals suit the song just fine.

There is a bump in volume during the middle eight which jars a little and when your song is a hit,you may get in trouble with Joe Jackson with the line and melody of 'Something going on around here'  ;)

A hugely enjoyable track,well done you.  8)

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2019, 10:16:58 AM »
A sound investment from Mrs Macker.

Really good song...I loved the middle 8 in particular.

It'll be great to have more of this kind of thing appearing on the forum...it's right up my street...I hope you enjoy it here and stick around to share your songs with us.

You've certainly made a great first impression  :)
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2019, 11:04:47 AM »
Super nice rocker! Everything sounding really good here - great guitar sounds, tasteful backing vocals, lead guitar giving the chorus a real
lift, bass giving support.

The middle 8 absolutely should contrast with the rest and the songwriting part is spot on - just the levels/effects could be more consistent.

Great to have you around, and good for Mrs M for getting you back on it.

macker71165

• Busker
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2019, 03:37:13 PM »
Yo Tony.

I love the sound on those guitars and the vocals suit the song just fine.

There is a bump in volume during the middle eight which jars a little and when your song is a hit,you may get in trouble with Joe Jackson with the line and melody of 'Something going on around here'  ;)

A hugely enjoyable track,well done you.  8)
thnx buddy

macker71165

• Busker
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2019, 03:37:46 PM »
Super nice rocker! Everything sounding really good here - great guitar sounds, tasteful backing vocals, lead guitar giving the chorus a real
lift, bass giving support.

The middle 8 absolutely should contrast with the rest and the songwriting part is spot on - just the levels/effects could be more consistent.  thnx bud

Great to have you around, and good for Mrs M for getting you back on it.

macker71165

• Busker
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2019, 03:42:28 PM »
A sound investment from Mrs Macker.

Really good song...I loved the middle 8 in particular.

It'll be great to have more of this kind of thing appearing on the forum...it's right up my street...I hope you enjoy it here and stick around to share your songs with us.

You've certainly made a great first impression  :)
thnx a lot bud 

mikek

• Open Mic
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2019, 03:59:07 PM »
Thats a pretty good song and the recording is good.  The melody is memorable, has a nice hook and the song is well constructed. It has enough variation throughout the journey to keep listeners engaged. Overall its the complete package every songwriter is going for.

Nit picks...

at a few places, especially noticeable early on, the guitar timing gets out of sync with the rhythm section...(very slight out of pocket feeling.)

The guitar solo kind of falls flat. It needs another take with a bit more feeling. It should really say something, but with an understated approach...Elliott Easton (the Cars) is an expert at this.

Good song! Be proud of it.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 04:11:30 PM by mikek »

macker71165

• Busker
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2019, 01:44:00 PM »
Thats a pretty good song and the recording is good.  The melody is memorable, has a nice hook and the song is well constructed. It has enough variation throughout the journey to keep listeners engaged. Overall its the complete package every songwriter is going for.

Nit picks...

at a few places, especially noticeable early on, the guitar timing gets out of sync with the rhythm section...(very slight out of pocket feeling.)

The guitar solo kind of falls flat. It needs another take with a bit more feeling. It should really say something, but with an understated approach...Elliott Easton (the Cars) is an expert at this.

Good song! Be proud of it.
thnx  for your kind words  and feedback buddy