konalavadome

give me a night (first song post)

• 23 Replies

macker71165

• Busker
« on: January 01, 2019, 09:53:35 PM »
3 yrs ago my wife bought me a little project studio all set up for me in spare room for my 50th  cos i loved playing music!.. which i  avnt done for more than 13yrs   anyways i really couldn't get my head round this computer recording biz  so its taken me nearly 3 yrs too ave the confidence too put any tracks that sounded half decent   so being new year  and with a bad hangover i uploaded one   ha ha  hope you enjoy   all the best   tony

https://soundcloud.com/tony-mcvey/give-me-a-night
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 02:24:23 PM by macker71165 »

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 10:12:03 PM »
What a fab present from your wife Tony. Would she like to live with me 😂 This is great stuff. Reminded me a bit of Tom Petty and some Oasis thrown in there. My only minor crit would be that the M8 vocals are a bit too loud. I'm guessing that you recorded that at a different time. Other than that,  top work  :)

macker71165

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 10:19:02 PM »
Cheers jazz   just taken me ages too get used too this daw malarky   but thnx for your feedback bud....i did do the m8 vox at a different time ha ha   am from liverpool  so not far away from the oasis boys..    ave a good new your   peace out
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 10:23:17 PM by macker71165 »

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 10:41:08 PM »
The DAW malarky will always keep you occupied. I think you've done really well man. My advice would be, stick to your style and sound which you obviously have, learn a bit of stuff about eq and compression but don't get bogged down with all the bullshit stuff about perfect production,  unless that's what you want of course. It's a learning game and you know what your lugs like so go for it lah  :)

fischermans

• Platinum Album
  • most other people find me suspicious
    • This is my band and me.
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 06:21:51 AM »
Hello @macker71165
A nice song may be a bit overloaded with sounds (lead guitar) for me but all in all a nice listen. Well done Alexander
My band and me live in Eupen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp_SGRMve1M&feature=youtu.be
><(((°><°)))><

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 07:58:41 AM »
You've done ok with the mix Tony....my first DAW experiments were dreadful.

The song is fine...picks up admirably for the chorus which is good. Pleasant riff....yes a bit Pettyish (which is fine by me). Like the way the guitar changes to something a bit more melodic to underpin the chorus. Middle 8 break is nice....short but nice. Guitar break is fine too. All in all structure of the song is impeccable!

Only thing I couldn't get away from is how the line 'there's something going on around here' reminded me of something!! Even has the same melodic feel to Joe's where it goes down at the end......not exactly the same but you might have a tough time in front of the jury on that one.
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2019, 08:22:56 AM »
Hey Tony, welcome, great first post.
It’s got plenty of lip-curling attitude, a nice distinct chorus, and a middle 8 that carves it’s own path, all adding up to a satisfying Brit-rock whole.
I thought the mix was pretty good too.
Looking forward to hearing more of your stuff.
It's all too beautiful.

macker71165

• Busker
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2019, 08:03:59 PM »
Thnx everyone for your kind words   and  advice     loved reading all your comments you have each given me a few ideas   on making things better!  And  i now look forward too putting some more tracks up!           

Peace out    ..tony

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2019, 10:10:31 PM »
Nice one Tony. It's just so encouraging to see a new face on here trying something out as it is intimidating putting your goods on display. Get involved,  write a few reviews,  and you'll get lots of tips and tricks  :)

macker71165

• Busker
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2019, 10:20:24 PM »
Nice one Tony. It's just so encouraging to see a new face on here trying something out as it is intimidating putting your goods on display. Get involved,  write a few reviews,  and you'll get lots of tips and tricks  :)
thnx jazz    will do buddy

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2019, 10:50:39 AM »
Tony,
Welcome, cool, catchy mid-paced rock.
Good riff on the verse and then you correctly milk the chorus for all its worth.
Thoughts: The middle 8 is really nice but sounds too loud compared to the rest of the track.
Look forward to your contributing on the forum
 :)
neil 
songwriter of no repute..

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2019, 03:23:55 PM »
Hi Tony,

If my wife gave me a present like that, I'd still be married.

A great first post... I like the production, you've obviously being practising.

Interesting genre it's like a mix between Joe Jackson and  an Indie guitar vibe.

Like this a lot.

Sandeep

macker71165

• Busker
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2019, 11:40:00 AM »
Hi Tony,

If my wife gave me a present like that, I'd still be married.

A great first post... I like the production, you've obviously being practising.

Interesting genre it's like a mix between Joe Jackson and  an Indie guitar vibe.

Like this a lot.

Sandeep
  thnx fella

macker71165

• Busker
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2019, 11:40:35 AM »
Tony,
Welcome, cool, catchy mid-paced rock.
Good riff on the verse and then you correctly milk the chorus for all its worth.
Thoughts: The middle 8 is really nice but sounds too loud compared to the rest of the track.
Look forward to your contributing on the forum
 :)
neil
thnx buddy

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2019, 12:34:34 PM »
Big welcome Toni and what a great first song :) It very well arranged and I thought the mix sounded fine. Your vocals sounded great as well.
Would be nice to have the lyrics posted. It has all the elements of a good rock song and I liked the middle 8  :)
DAW'S can be a little intimidating at first, but once you take control, they can be so much fun  ;D Can't wait to hear more from you  :)