konalavadome

Mr Fogg

• 26 Replies

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2019, 02:58:03 AM »
Hey John

great work here - love the fab 4 sound and the vox and harmonies some of your best work IMHO.
the arrangement is well thought out too.
It was 20 years ago today...
Prob more like 50  ;D

keep 'em coming mr. lennon.  ;D ;D
Paul

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2019, 08:25:26 AM »
Thanks for all of the feedback guys, invaluable as ever

@PaulAds Thanks Paul - I tried to make the lyrics cutting yet open to interpretation. Glad you liked my Fab's experiment  ;)

@MichaelA - Yes, I was aiming for the sound of that era

@Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra Cheers Ian - The Move, what a great writer Roy Wood is. I don't really know how I'm so productive tbh - Motivated, not always  ;)

@cowparsleyman Thanks Rich - Actually there is a piano in there, it's probably buried in the mix a bit. Maybe a bit of EQ will resolve. I don't use track spacer, I'll have to look it up to see what it is  ;D

@Neil C Cheers Neil - It was an experiment vocal wise to replicate the Lennon technique  ;D

@MonnoDB Thank you Karen, I'm glad you enjoyed it

@Skub Cheers Davy - Mister Mees-Rogg  will probably be rotting in the tower and the comrades will have stolen all of his brass and melted it down  ;D ;D

@fischermans Thanks Alex, review much appreciated

@PaulyX - Good to see you around again Paul. What a huge compliment. I suppose I could take more time on each song but I seem to get to a point where messing about with it seems to lose some of the original feel and I've usually got some other idea brewing  :)

@shadowfax - Hey - Cheers Kev - I'll get you the recipe  :)

@Orange Mississippi  - Thanks for the listen - Much appreciated

@Movin Flavor - Hay Sandeep, glad you liked it and the little fellah enjoyed his dance

@Paulski - Gee, thanks Paul, a huge compliment coming from you

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2019, 09:00:19 AM »
@pompeyjazz - consider the Lennon Vox nailed!

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2019, 12:45:51 PM »
Hey John - ‘Happy’ New Year! Is Mr Fogg a distant relation of Mean Mr Mustard? Brilliant satire here...

I actually bumped into the real JRM this Summer as he was having selfies taken with fans saying what a good job he was doing... Mind you we were going into a sports ground and some of the security guards looked like they were relishing the prospect of giving him a good ‘pat down’...

You seem to get songs recorded and published in the time that I can get a verse on paper... more power to your arm.

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2019, 02:54:21 PM »
Definitely a The Beatles vibe, love the lyrics. Tremendous as always :)

mikek

• Open Mic
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2019, 06:30:49 PM »
Lucy in the Sky? Thats where it takes me. I could like this if the vocals werent so affected. I find that aspect of the production very distracting. Good song though.

mikek

• Open Mic
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2019, 10:58:56 PM »
I think my comment about the affected vocal may sound a bit snippy. Sorry about that. I need to try and look for more diplomatic words when providing feedback.

I will try again... Its fine if thatis what you are after but its just not my thing. When I hear a vocal trratment like that it gives me the impression that someone is trying to cover up some aspect of their tone that they are not comfortable with. I used to try and hide my voice or make it sound another way but it just doesnt go over. Embrace your voice and belt it out as best you can. That's my nickles worth.

I do like the song.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2019, 07:44:13 AM »
Some more thanks.....

@tboswell Tom, I Think you're right about more issue related songs being out there. See what you mean about the pace. Might have to speed it up slightly

@adamfarr Thanks Adam, the "pat down" would have been interesting to witness. What was the sporting event, croquet or polo :-)

@RealKevM Cheers Kev, always appreciate your support

@mikek No offence taken Mike, that's what this place is all about. I've actually just checked to see what FX I used on the vocals. I did use some ADT and Izotopye vinyl with a 1960's setting. The other thing that I did do was to sing (nearly) identical vocal tracks as this was really born out of an experiment to see how Lennon got his vocal sound. I'm not usually up for vocal FX but horses for courses and I think sometimes they can be used really effectively. If you check out some of my other stuff you'll see that this one is an exception rather than something that I usually do. Anyway, I'm glad that you like the song

Thanks you all once again :-)

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2019, 12:28:48 PM »
In my defence, it was cricket...

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2019, 12:45:49 PM »
Hi John,

Sounds like something from The White Album which is a very good thing indeed. Such clever, funny and biting (sorry!) lyrics combined with an inspired production which sounds like a professional job to me. I think this is the best thing I've heard from you. God, I wish I could make songs sound as good as this. Eccentric, English and very original. Also a little bit of early Pink Floyd (Bike?)

Wonderful stuff

M

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2019, 02:21:22 PM »
It's the Beatles Jim, but not as we know it..

This is what I imagine the Fab 4 would have sounded like in the 70's if they had been a 5 piece, with Pompeyjazz added to the line up.

'Oh I wish I had a cartridge to serve you with your partridge' - Class!

Top stuff Pompey, you've excelled yourself here.

Yodasdad.