konalavadome

Carpe Diem

• 19 Replies

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« on: December 29, 2018, 05:41:55 PM »
Hi guys...
A song about missing an opportunity..we've all done it I'm sure..

https://soundcloud.com/knmac/carpe-deum-by-knmac

I send my lovin, where you go.
where you are now, I don't know,
but you are in my soul,
I can never retrieve,
the night when I first saw you,
a night I just can't believe,

Now I wonder where you are,
over mountains, near or far,
I'll never let you go,
you'll always be with me,
I will never know,
if you where meant to be,

I wish that I couls see the way,
I'd be with you every day,
got so many words to say,
if I was there with you,

you know the way,
you know you win,
you know each day,
comes from within,
you know the dream,
you know the way in,
we've got to take,
each day that begins,

Carpe Diem
Carpe Diem

Best to all and hope you have a prosperous and creative 2019.. :) :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 08:18:58 PM »
Yo Kev.

Haunting,melancholic and melodic.

Apart from that,it's a great tune.  ;)

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 09:16:12 PM »
This is a super piece of work Kev. Very melodic and some effective use of major to minor chords. I particularly liked the build you achieved on this one as it built to the crescendo. I got a kinda Floyd vibe as you dropped into the guitar solo as well. I thought the bv's were very well thought out as well and some interesting bass guitar runs. Production is top quality but that goes without saying. Was this one a vocal booth happening? Top quality as ever man  :)

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 07:58:12 AM »
This is a super piece of work Kev. Very melodic and some effective use of major to minor chords. I particularly liked the build you achieved on this one as it built to the crescendo. I got a kinda Floyd vibe as you dropped into the guitar solo as well. I thought the bv's were very well thought out as well and some interesting bass guitar runs. Production is top quality but that goes without saying. Was this one a vocal booth happening? Top quality as ever man  :)

Hi John...no it wasn't a vocal booth happening..aint got it yet, due to arrive late January..this is a re work of an old song..

cheers mate.. :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2018, 07:59:37 AM »
A beautiful mellow tune.

Some great guitars and the production is excellent, like the subtlety of the bass too.

I really like the drums too. The whole song has a great 70s feel.

A great listen...And had to look up what Carpe Diems means....very clever.

Sandeep

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2018, 09:10:12 AM »
I looked it up too...just as well because I originally thought it was Latin for the UK flooring store "Carpet Right"  :P

I kind of thought it wasn't a new song from you somehow...it's very good though and up to your usual very high standards.

Reminded me a little of Foreigner in it's expansive epic-ness...I'm sure there's a big market for this kind of thing...it always seems very popular...and no wonder. Vocal is excellent...although there's a tiny bit too much vibrato for my own personal taste...Will Young seemed to start overdoing his, and it can get a tiny bit "Larry the Lamb" here and there. Having said that, I'd love to be able to do that...even if I generally decided not to!

Anyway...it's a very very good song. I could imagine it on a film soundtrack.
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

fischermans

• Platinum Album
  • most other people find me suspicious
    • This is my band and me.
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2018, 11:16:04 AM »
Nice sound here, I love it a lot.
you know the way,
you know you win,
you know each day,
comes from within,
This is fabulous songwriting for my taste. Enjoyed listening. Only to say something negativ I do not like the sound of the Carpe Diem part.
Well done and thanks for sharing Alexander
My band and me live in Eupen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp_SGRMve1M&feature=youtu.be
><(((°><°)))><

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2018, 11:53:08 AM »
I looked it up too...just as well because I originally thought it was Latin for the UK flooring store "Carpet Right"  :P

I kind of thought it wasn't a new song from you somehow...it's very good though and up to your usual very high standards.

Reminded me a little of Foreigner in it's expansive epic-ness...I'm sure there's a big market for this kind of thing...it always seems very popular...and no wonder. Vocal is excellent...although there's a tiny bit too much vibrato for my own personal taste...Will Young seemed to start overdoing his, and it can get a tiny bit "Larry the Lamb" here and there. Having said that, I'd love to be able to do that...even if I generally decided not to!

Anyway...it's a very very good song. I could imagine it on a film soundtrack.

Hi Paul, yeah it's an old re worked song and Larry the lamb was my vocal coach around that time so well spotted..LOL ;D ;D
@PaulAds
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 12:19:12 PM by shadowfax »
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2018, 01:09:14 PM »
This is gorgeous @shadowfax - lovey melodies, particularly in the chorus. Vocal and instrumentation polished and top notch. This is really great!! Laughing at the Larry the Lamb comments - I've been known to be similarly afflicted myself from time to time :). Can't say I would have noticed here though unless I'd read the comments.. Fine work, sir!

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2019, 09:05:33 AM »
Thank you for the comments guys..always appreciated :) :)..
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Mutrins

• Open Mic
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2019, 12:11:50 PM »
Beautiful, haunting melodies.

Love the chorus melody. I think my only note would be that I wish we got to the chorus faster.

Other than that I really enjoyed this!!

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2019, 03:33:20 AM »
Hi Kevin
I remember this lyric or parts of it anyway.  ;D ;D
A well-written song and performed with your usual top-drawer talents on display.
Vox are amazing BTW.
Think it could be boiled down a bit to 3 mins or so but please don't take out that wonderful guitar solo.

Good work
Paul

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2019, 12:15:45 PM »
Hi Kev - love that organ sound in particular, really gives it an distinct feel.
And the guitar solo, and the bass...
Classic Shadowfax...
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 01:00:03 PM by adamfarr »

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2019, 12:40:45 PM »
Hi Kev,

One word sums this up - expansive. I can hear it in a massive stadium filled with people holding up lighters. Lovely solo BTW - I agree with Paul that they are a dying art. You are one of the very few people on the forum who consistently comes up with excellence. This has your distinctive ear for melody and arrangement together with your beautiful voice and effortless style. The end is too abrupt but apart from that, it's nigh on perfect.

<

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2019, 01:05:01 PM »
I really loved the opening to this and that gorgeous soundtrack backing theme. As an older song from you it was this opening that was a little more contemporary sounding and engaging for me. Later on, more conventional I think, but still some surprises such as that reverb vocal interlude. Solid vocal work throughout.

Overall very polished, in a style I know I just can't do, commercial and mainstream, yet winningly accomplished.  ;)
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860