konalavadome

Never Do You Wrong (provisionally!)

• 21 Replies

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2019, 12:20:03 PM »
Man I love those horns! I guess because I play one ;) where do you get them?
I love everything about this track and I think the production and mix are excellent, although I'm certainly not one of the experts on this forum ::)
For some reason when the vocals come in with "gonna come a time" at around 2:10, I thought it was going to break into a rap ;D ;D
I really like the contrast between the softer chorus and a little more hardness verses. Awesome vocals! Is that you singing?
Totally enjoyed listening to this track and will be back for more :)

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2019, 01:16:25 PM »
GggRooovy Baby...yeeaaah!

I'm late to the party with this one and I can't see that I add add much constructive to what has already been said.

I could't write this I don't think, I wouldn't know where to start...therefore I'm not really qualified to critique it either.

So much going on that is well constructed.

I appreciate what you're saying that the vocal isn't meant to be the star hear  but I'm one of those that, when everyone is up dancing I'm sat trying to listen to the intricacies of the music.

For those folks this would most definitely do the trick, for me i'd like the vocal slightly more prominent and clear.

Good work though man, I can hear where all the time went.

Yodasdad

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2019, 06:32:41 PM »
Dear Count,
Apologies for lateness, here. Anyway just to say you had my old foot tapping to this funkin' little jazz groove number.
Too much to describe but the point is that I liked it all with the fab arrangements. And enjoyed the vocal too.
Sharp ending too
 :) :)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2019, 07:17:54 PM »
@Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra,

Loved the intro!  Cool verse sections. Lovely groove!  I know how much work goes into a production of this size so kudos there. 

The vocals are a little buried beneath the music. As much as you're probably loathe to  revisit the track, I would do so to address this.

By th way, I love your soundcloud photo of the theatre - class.

Paul

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2019, 05:35:01 PM »
Dude, not seen you for a bit,

The Mix.
Ok, songs sounds funky, Most of the instrumentation sounds nicely balanced. 

The Tambos I would EQ so they are a bit thinner and push them back as they are there only to lift slightly.

For me the vocal got lost in places, I normally Corrective EQ first, then automate by hand the volume by hand then apply compression just to finish up and smooth out.
Just my way not the highway....loads of techniques for this.

But hey, whats not to like. Think someone mentioned the Blow monkeys, I forgot about them...

Disclaimer, Only my interpretation of your work, mixes are quite personal.

Top work fell and welcome back.

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2019, 09:43:25 PM »
You funky bastard!! I love the music in this! The music mix sounds great on my Apple pods...the top line vocal melody/lyrics are cool too, but just needs a little work mix wise, you sound great, it’s just getting it to shine more in the mix, more Eq and the start of the choruses are a little distorted.

Fab stuff buddy! Congrats!😄🎶👊🏻🎶

SlavaB

• Open Mic
  • Born to Rock
    • Official Web Site
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2019, 01:50:47 PM »
Wow...
What a great funky jazz? :)

Very nice song, I did enjoy it. Mix sound really well, the only thing i would possibly bring horns a little bit further on the speakers.

Best Regards,
Slava B.