Acustica are giving away their Ceil channel strip - usually $99

http://acustica-audio.com/pages/specials/acustica-audio-ceil

and Positive Grid are doing Bias Amp 2 LE free until Boxing Day

https://www.gearnews.com/positive-grid-bias-amp-2-le-free-until-boxing-day/
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Kongpobcute

• Busker
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 11:13:26 AM »
It is a very good story that I have the opportunity to read new knowledge content. It makes me more knowledgeable.

Oatpanueat

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2019, 10:11:45 AM »
I read the content of this website and like it very much. Because it gives us a lot of useful knowledge.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2019, 07:27:35 PM »
I always wonder ... if I grab all the freebies when the opportunities arise ... will I ever get around to learning how to use them..

I would love an extremely beginner tutorial on using a DAW. But most people teach themselves and turn to tutorials after they know how to do things like "Open the bojangles interface and click on the foghorn tab". So tutorials don't tell you things like where to find bojangles interface to open it.

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2019, 10:21:49 PM »
There are some really good beginners tutorials around. Just say what DAW you’re using and I’m sure we can have a look.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2019, 10:56:38 PM »
My first thought was, "Well, not right now". Next was, "Well, I don't exactly want a general tutorial. I just want someone/something to answer my specific questions when I'm working on something and run into problems." And finally, "What I really want is a step-by-step series of lessons with specific assignments, walking me through writing a song in a DAW (using mine, which is Reaper) and doing everything the way I want to do things." Not too demanding, am I???

Maybe what I really want is a class (online or live) in which the participants are given assignments, one after another, until they end up with a song. Guided songwriting. Using Reaper, of course, so I can learn how to use it better.

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2019, 12:01:29 AM »
John is a Reaperman and they have loads of tutorials on their website as well, plus a support forum.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2019, 12:26:50 AM »
Yes, and I have gotten help from John and the tutorials on the Reaper site. I might even have used the Reaper forum a time or two. I guess I'm just trying to be lazy and get someone else to do all the work and then funnel it into my brain somehow.