GABBY - Thinking 'bout a girl

• 3 Replies

GABBY

• Busker
« on: January 31, 2019, 03:31:16 PM »
Hey ! So I just upload for the first time one of my songs, it's about a girl discovering she might be bisexual while being with her boyfriend.
I don't know if it is a good song or not, moreover the subject is "delicate". I just wrote down some feelings and wanted to share and have *kind or constructiv* reacts. I don't really know how to play the guitare and there are SO much more instruments in my head when I'm playing it x) I guess I just want to know if it's OK or if maybe this song doesn't need improvement and just go to the trash x)

Read more at https://www.coverium.com/music-video/gabby-thinking-bout-a-girl-instrumental-original-by-gabbywritessongs/5HkDA2Qoqno#iclTQHTh6Yq8E8dd.99

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 05:28:50 PM »
hi gabby
welcome
enjoyed the song kept me to the end..
was the nice recurring lift in the melody and emotion in the vocal that done it..
recording could be better but the songs alive..
video works well way youve set it up

stick around, get yourself involved and im sure the forum will open up for you
i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 09:12:36 AM »
Good morning  @GABBY

This is a really good song, I love the vibe in the video, can you tell me a more about how you did it?

Your melody line on a simple chord base is superb, and your playing is fine.

I could also hear those instruments like you...The only thing you might look at is the rhythym of soe of the lyrics.

One helluva hooky Song Gabby, thanks for writing it.

Hope this helps

cpm

GABBY

• Busker
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 11:30:46 AM »
Hey !
Thank you both :) My microphone isn't the more expensive that's for sure :-\ This is the only recording I managed to NOT reach saturation...
I played it to two friends and they said the live version is better :)
Moreover, my fingers were blooded at this point soooooo as I had already done my makeup I didn't want to shoot it at another time x)

Thank you again for all your support and feedbacks !