I've Been A Little Quiet...

• 0 Replies

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« on: December 21, 2018, 10:05:46 PM »
I know I haven't posted much lately but I've been super busy. I've been on a mission to collect all my lyrics together (which is really taking up some time) but I've also been developing an online persona to promote myself as a lyricist and hopefullt take things further.

I've also been  busy collaberating... my first attempt proved to be frustratingly difficult. Number two lead me to write lyrics for 5 demo songs (I'm not sure how that's going to be honest as I've had relatively little feedback). Number three however looks like I'm hitting the jackpot!

I'm a little unsure given the language barrier but I'm currently working with a band that is producing their second album. And it looks like I'm their lyricist of choice! :D

I'm still trying to work things out though. I've basically given them access to a number of my song lyrics (about 150 or so, so far) and they're sifting through them to find lyrics that will fit their music. They're selecting lyrics that roughly fit their music and I'm rewriting/rearranging them to fit better.

I have to say (and I may be biased here) that the first song is cracking. The lyrics they chose were ones I'd posted here (won't say which just yet). They had to be altered somewhat  but I'm really stoked at the moment. I've only heard rough tests so far but so far so good.
I've been told a second rough track will wing its way to me this week. Can't wait. I don't know which lyrics they'll be using (I'm actually preferring it that way - it lessens the expectations of what it'll sound like) but I'm frantic with anticipation. :D
I feel like a child again. I want to see my name (and I'll use my real name for the copyright) down as the lyricist on an actual album. You'd be hard pressed to find a wider smile on anybody! ;)

It would be nice at some stage to have some of my lyrics played to the original tunes I wrote them but maybe one day... but I'm happy for now to write lyrics for other singers/bands.
Not to self. I should have done this a long, long time ago. Bloody shyness and doubt... :(