Year In Review (video)

• 6 Replies

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« on: December 22, 2018, 12:14:46 AM »
Hi, well it's been almost exactly a year since I started taking my music career seriously (writing new songs, gigging, releasing my music) and sharing my work here for critique. Everyone has been really helpful in pointing out where I lack and what I do well - thank you.
I've put together a couple of shortish videos going through my year month by month and what I achieved that month - looking back it's quite staggering how i've progressed really. anyhow here's the first video and part two is also on my channel. If you subscribe to my Youtube channel  please let me know and i'll subscribe back to you.
&t=4s

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 05:16:59 PM »
@RealKevM - Gonna watch this for sure, can't wait - really dig the confidence in doing it.

Rich

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 09:13:42 PM »
Cheers Rich :) Thank you for your help and interest in my music this year it's really appreciated and helped keep me motivated.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2018, 09:52:33 PM »
I did watch it, loved it. Happy xmas kev

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2018, 09:55:57 PM »
Hi Kev. That's a great listen to how you have progressed musically this year. It looks like you have your hands full on the home front as well so good on yer for maintaining some kinda work life balance. I love stories like yours where you decide to do something and effing go for it. Sure, you're going to get shit slagged in some quarters but just remember it's you expressing yourself and I think you've got some damn good songs going down there. I guess you, like me have learned a lot from our fab forum. There are so many talented folks in these parts and generally people will go out of their way to help and critique in a genuine way. I've also got huge respect for you getting out there and actually doing it. I know you have some doubts about your vocals but just remember that you have an unique instrument that defines your sound. The more you sing the more you discover how your vocals fit in. So sing in the shower / car, maybe not in bed or the public urinals. Hoping to get out there on some live stuff next year if my circumstances change. Top dog Kev  :)

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2018, 09:43:12 PM »
I did watch it, loved it. Happy xmas kev
Happy Christmas to you and yours too Rich :)

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2018, 09:44:37 PM »
Hi Kev. That's a great listen to how you have progressed musically this year. It looks like you have your hands full on the home front as well so good on yer for maintaining some kinda work life balance. I love stories like yours where you decide to do something and effing go for it. Sure, you're going to get shit slagged in some quarters but just remember it's you expressing yourself and I think you've got some damn good songs going down there. I guess you, like me have learned a lot from our fab forum. There are so many talented folks in these parts and generally people will go out of their way to help and critique in a genuine way. I've also got huge respect for you getting out there and actually doing it. I know you have some doubts about your vocals but just remember that you have an unique instrument that defines your sound. The more you sing the more you discover how your vocals fit in. So sing in the shower / car, maybe not in bed or the public urinals. Hoping to get out there on some live stuff next year if my circumstances change. Top dog Kev  :)
Thanks man. This forums and your words of encouragement, critique and advice have been invaluable to me in improving and keeping me motivated to keep going. Have a wonderful Christmas and hope to see you out there playing live :)