konalavadome

Space Pirates

• 10 Replies

Jenna

• Solo Gig
« on: December 20, 2018, 01:30:12 AM »
I'm currently adding the final touches to this one. I'd be grateful for a listen and critique.

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 04:06:17 PM »
Sounds really interesting..may I suggest that to be EDM/dance it needs a more powerful Kick...
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Jenna

• Solo Gig
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 07:31:14 AM »
Sounds really interesting..may I suggest that to be EDM/dance it needs a more powerful Kick...

Thank you for the input. I will revisit the kicks and see if I can find one with more punch, even though it's already been mastered. Easy enough to fix, though.

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 10:19:23 PM »
I'm not help technical wise, I like what you've done though even if the lazers are a bit too much for me lol , you've got a really good groove going.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2018, 11:33:47 PM »
I'm just in awe of anyone who can put sounds together like this. I am totally impressed.

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2019, 01:48:35 PM »
I'm just in awe of anyone who can put sounds together like this. I am totally impressed.

+1 - love the ending too! Very polished work @Jenna

Jenna

• Solo Gig
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2019, 12:41:00 AM »
I'm not help technical wise, I like what you've done though even if the lazers are a bit too much for me lol , you've got a really good groove going.

The lasers do need cut back. They go on too long and start getting annoying. I have just moved onto other things for the time being. I should put some notes in my track of these changes to make if ever I get around to backtracking this stuff. Yep. That's what I'll be doing here. This way, nobody's comments get lost in the track writing juggle. I do appreciate them. Someone gave me some very detailed tips on how to adjust the kick and bass on another track and I haven't forgotten about it. It's still in the back of my mind to go back and apply those changes, not just to improve the track, but for the learning experience as well. I need to make time this week to do that.

Jenna

• Solo Gig
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2019, 12:44:23 AM »

Honestly, it's not as hard as it sounds. Time consuming? Absolutely. Tedious? Definitely. All I'm doing is collecting a bunch of sound loops I like together and auditioning them next to one another, moving them here and there, time stretching them, matching them to the chord track of the song, and then applying fx when I get a combo that I like. If I want to hear a special instrument here and there, I go hunt one down and audition the loops while the song is playing to see if it's a good pair. It's a wonderfully useful feature of Studio One.

Jenna

• Solo Gig
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2019, 12:46:40 AM »

+1 - love the ending too! Very polished work @Jenna

I like tacking on fun little things like that for a surprise. But polished? Wow. I never expected to hear. I am very new to this whole digital audio thing, so words like that are encouraging. Thank you.

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2019, 02:27:46 AM »
I'm currently adding the final touches to this one. I'd be grateful for a listen and critique.

Totally different than what I expected to hear.  I'm interested in what you used to pull these sounds together in terms of software etc. 

Here is a link to an older, totally different experimentation with time/space/reality from around 1996. 

Ray Lynch - "Celestial Soda Pop"  --  the album was "best instrumental" of it's year of production at the emmys. 
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2019, 09:52:28 AM »
@Jenna - Nice vibe Jenna, diggit, I wouldn't change anything.

Rich