• Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2018, 05:11:45 PM »
beautiful song paul
warm mix
the guitar just perfectly placed 
fine vocal
melodys kind of bewitching especially the title line
has a kind of romantic latin or gallic twist to it but i cant place which is an artform i guess
i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2018, 11:48:41 AM »
@nooms, @Inanité_sonore, @montydog, @Pineapple Head, @Movin Flavour, @PaulAds , @Yodasdad, @Neil C, thank you all so much for taking the time to listen and comment. I've gone from feeling awkward about this song to cherishing it for the beauty and struggles that lie behind it's creation. I've recently started to add further instruments and it is  so enjoyable doing so.  I guess it is a song about taking stock of the events of the first 50 years of my life. Having said that, I've been thinking about my writing output over that time and have been reflecting on the styles that  I have embraced down the years. I'm sure to write new material, and am looking forward to lifting the tempo, including embracing lyrics that demonstrates my old spark.  My excitement for new adventures is still very much alive.

Thanks again,

Paul
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 11:53:18 AM by Wicked Deeds »

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2019, 10:35:26 AM »
I suppose as we get older we get into these reflective moments, it's natural. You've done a lovely reflective song out of your experiences, although it does make me feel sad. But it's a great thing if you can write songs that can span the observations of a lifetime.

The delicate guitar work is quite exquisite!

My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860