konalavadome

Five Days

• 19 Replies

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2018, 08:09:06 PM »
Yo JB.

Great singing on this,confident and accomplished.

Love the folk/rock vibe,it has all the hallmarks of a memorable tune,the chorus gives it a great lift.  8)

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2018, 08:20:14 PM »
The melody/prosody of "I've been up / I've been down" is great. It really suits "I've been good / I've been bad" as well. The only nit I have is: you have two unnecessary instances of the word "that". (1) "Thrown away all that we had" and (2) "I know that my darkness". In both cases, drawing the previous word ("all" and "know") over two syllables would work really well. It probably doesn't matter to most folks, but I have an aversion to unnecessary wordiness. ;) You could say it's a personal problem.  :P

Regardless, I like the whole thing; I think it works and sounds great.

Vicki

Jambrains

• Platinum Album
  • Jim Steinman ftw!
    • Jambrains
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2018, 09:20:52 AM »
@Yodasdad: thanks! I see what you mean re the Queen references, interesting since I had no idea until you pointed it out, never was a big fan (a few really fab songs though)

@PaulAds: thanks man! Agree re the cymbals, they were one of the things I had trouble getting right in the mix

@pompeyjazz: thanks a mill! The 'suitar solo' was actually not intended to be a solo but rather just an instrumental break together with the piano hence the low volume.

@Shadowfax: thanks for the very kind words my friend :-)

@Wicked Deeds: Thank you! There are some backing vocals in the chorus but they are perhaps a tad too far back.

@MonnoDB: thanks Karen!

@LostBoy: Thanks mate, I hear you re the drums but you know how much I love busy drums.... ;-)

@crystalsuzy: Thanks Suzy, good to hear from you!

@cowparsleyman: some very good input, thanks a mill!! I'll look into the drums, think the snare lost a bit ambience when I backed off the OH/room channels trying to tame the cymbals. 

@MichaelA: Thank you for taking the time to listen and comment! :-)

@Movin Flavour: Thanks! :-)

@fishermans: thanks you. The drums indeed sit, whether it is to ones taste or not is a completely different matter :-)

@montydog: Wow, thanks a mill for the very kind words, eps re the vocals, means a lot coming from you.

@Skub: thanks pal! :-)

@CaliaMoko: interesting, I never really pay attention to the lyrics at that level, I usually tweak them to fit the melody. Food for though indeed, thanks!

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2018, 10:44:55 AM »
@Jambrains - that's cool man, btw my daughter always tells me that I play the drums like a lead guitarist...It burnt into my mind as it's true, always doing lots of stuff, I try to play it like a drummer.

Rich

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2019, 12:05:41 PM »
Wow,
Lots to like here. Good lyrically and melodically really catchy.
Lovely piano without going over the top
Good musical middle 8
Good outro.
Just waiting, and waiting for that solo? :-(
Our very own Jim Steinman!
 :)
neil
songwriter of no repute..