konalavadome

Every Path

• 32 Replies

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2018, 12:03:52 PM »
Hi @MonnoDB - It might be worth it, Waves get rather mixed reviews, as a lot of them try to emulate old analogue, very desirable gear, but they are very good at what they do, imho.

They sell most thing at $29 each (which is an absolute bargain) at various times of the year, so it pays to wait. Pluginboutique is a good place to get plugins.

Sometimes there are some very good deals available from most of the notable Vendors like Eventide, UAD, Fabfilter etc.

You can get 10% off Waves with this discount code yny23

Regards and happy christmas Karen.

Rich

fischermans

• Platinum Album
  • most other people find me suspicious
    • This is my band and me.
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2018, 07:18:34 AM »
Hello MonnoDB, when I hear a piano line I'm sad because I only play guitar but I'm also happy to hear this wonderful notes. Love this song. Very very very good singing. Love your voice and what you are doing with it on this one.
Would be great if a chorus of many voices comes in at the end for the last chorus. Thats what I'm hearing.
Thanks for this
Merry Christmas Alexander
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 07:30:57 AM by fischermans »
My band and me live in Eupen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp_SGRMve1M&feature=youtu.be
><(((°><°)))><

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2018, 08:38:06 AM »
Thanks so much Alexander @fischermans for your lovely comments! Fröhliche Weihnachten!

@cowparsleyman - again thank you for the pointers. Much appreciated! And I too wish you a lovely Christmas!

Karen.

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2018, 03:29:36 PM »
Hi Karen,

This is beautifully, naturally and sympathetically sung rather than the relentless, hectoring full-volume-at-all-times over emoting that plagues most modern female pop singers. I could listen to this all day but 30 seconds of Florence and The Machine and I'm climbing the walls!

The pauses are an issue for me and the piano sound is a little thin but otherwise what a cracking song and performance. It's too short so maybe a subtle little guitar solo somewhere in there could have taken it to over 3 minutes.

A lovely thing indeed.

M

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2018, 11:29:47 PM »
I'm listening as I write. The hair on my arms is standing up. That is a good thing. Holy crap, this is beautiful and intense. I don't have any criticism so far. Oh, it's over. Yeah, it may be too short. But maybe not. It's great, Karen. Really, really beautiful.

Inanité_sonore

• Open Mic
    • Black Gift Bandcamp
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2018, 10:39:19 PM »
Hello,
You are a very beautiful voice and the song is very beutiful too, with moments of very strong tension (for esemple at 1 ' 35 -- ' 45 = I adore). You express yourself with simplicity and efficiency both at the piano and the voice. I am so under the spell that I have nothing constructive to say, sorry...

Very good job !

IS
IS

My project "Black Gift" :
listen the album and buy CD & vinyl :
https://blackgift.bandcamp.com/releases

Listen :
https://soundcloud.com/black_gift/tracks

Inanité Sonore Records :
https://soundcloud.com/user-24297189

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2018, 06:16:05 PM »
@montydog - hmm yes, the pauses are love/hate things as is the length. Thanks for the pointers and for the listen and the rather nice comments..

@redrhodie - wow!! I thank you so much! You are very kind!
 Y
@Inanité_sonore - also thanks so much for your lovely comments... I am delighted to read them..

K

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2018, 08:33:32 PM »
Yo Karen.

I totally dig the sparse sound of a heart laid bare. This song is starkly beautiful,raw emotion in music form.

Some fine talent on show here,well done you.  8)

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2019, 11:35:36 AM »
Lots to like hear,
Good tune, intriguing lyrics and really catchy chorus
I like your singing especially when you're singing quietly, you draw the listener in. Effective BV's
Thoughts: I thought the gaps between verse and chorus, and the chorus to verse were too long imho. I also thought you should repeat the last chorus. Its a great chorus dont underplay it.
 :)
neil
songwriter of no repute..

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2019, 09:49:01 PM »
Hey! A quick post to thank @Skub and @Neil C for taking the time and your comments.. Neil - the gaps definitely have not been universally appreciated :)! Interesting suggestion re the chorus..

Thank you both!

K

The Portrait Piano

• Busker
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2019, 05:12:02 PM »
I love piano vocals generally & this one is very well done. Powerful heart felt lyrics & the pause adds to the emotion.

mikek

• Open Mic
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2019, 06:20:59 PM »
I like this a lot. The melody is very nice and the vocals are lovely, with tasteful, lilting harmony.

Do you have a compressor on the vocal? You may want to tinker with squishing the lead vox a bit and notch out one slightly displeasing frequency in the upper spectrum of the eq....just to slightly soften things a touch.

Excellent

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2019, 07:32:38 PM »
@MonnoDB

Beautiful recording. A very emotional song that is sure to connect with many people. Charming vocals.

Paul

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2019, 09:49:39 PM »
Wow! Karen, that was stunning mate! I’ll be listening to that again. Lovely fragile vocal in the verses! I love the pause before the second verse aswell. It’s these little touches that take a good song and make it great imo. Very well done mate.😄🎶👊🏻🎶👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

SlavaB

• Open Mic
  • Born to Rock
    • Official Web Site
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2019, 01:47:32 PM »
Hi Monno,

I really love music like this tracks is. Piano and lovely vocal … mmm all its need … tasty!

Great work! Thank you for sharing.

Best Regards,
Slava B.