The Circle Of Insanity!

• 55 Replies

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« on: December 16, 2018, 04:05:13 AM »
It's been awhile, but I have been working on a few new songs. I'm not sure if this one works or not, so any feedback would be much appreciated. Does breaking away form the song format for so long, add or take away, and does the guitar solo add anything to the song? I know the vocals need some work, but how does the mix sound? Thanks
This may be the first of a series of Circles of Insanity songs  :)

https://soundcloud.com/crystalsuzy/the-circle-of-insantiy

Robotic voices on the telephone
Driving me crazy in this cyber zone
Is anyone real; or are they automated clones?
Endless loops turning, me into stone
Fallen down this rabbit hole all on my own

The circle of insanity runs thru humanity
Like a failed experiment, gone horribly wrong

Algorithms control our lives
Cyber threats with no alibi
Information overload is how we survive
What’s fake or real, is hard to decide
Cause looking at a screen; not into human eyes
Makes it very easy to lie

A list appears on the touch screen door
The smart fridge tells you what to buy at the store
The vacuum starts itself to clean the floor
The lights turn on when you walk in the door
And the coffees ready, at half past four
No chores; anymore

We don’t have to think anymore 
Smart meters, smart phones, smart fridges,
Smart cars, smart watches and smart TV’s
So many gadgets, so many gimmicks
Making our lives so easy

Are our homes no longer dumb?
Can we finally have fun?
Smart devices get things done
Or, has this war just begun?

:Are robots taking over:?
We know everything you do
Big brother is watching you

« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 04:09:34 AM by crystalsuzy »

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 09:25:31 AM »
This is outrageously brilliant, epic lyrics and so so right, we've just moved back to the UK and everytime you wanna talk to someone your on an automated line with a robot saying..we are experiencing a lot of calls at the moment so you will have to wait about ten minutes..it's just a way of getting rid of you though..
back to this fab song...the guitar solo could be there ..or not, for me it should be there, i liked it, but the song wpould still be epic without it..
the vocal just needs a bit of lining up maybe but again, the song would still be epic if you left it as is..

prodigious talent on show here... :) :) :) :) :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 10:39:12 AM »
Love it, like the smart fridge line, very clever lyrics.

You have definitely created your own sound, like the metal solo, nice touch.

And the mayhem at the end.

Rich

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 08:23:12 PM »
Whoa - just what the doctor ordered,  a little bit of @crystalsuzy insanity  :D :D

As always so creative and out there - I just love it. Great lyrics and topic and quite the trip and journey but I would expect no less from you.

Epic is right - and I love the solo!

K

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 09:53:36 PM »
Brilliant to hear another new tune from you Suzy. This is epic in so many ways. I love the way that you break out from the conventional and the fact that you are breaking all the rules is brilliant. Loved it  :)

Mikey

• Solo Gig

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2018, 12:29:23 AM »
This is outrageously brilliant, epic lyrics and so so right, we've just moved back to the UK and everytime you wanna talk to someone your on an automated line with a robot saying..we are experiencing a lot of calls at the moment so you will have to wait about ten minutes..it's just a way of getting rid of you though..
back to this fab song...the guitar solo could be there ..or not, for me it should be there, i liked it, but the song wpould still be epic without it..
the vocal just needs a bit of lining up maybe but again, the song would still be epic if you left it as is..

prodigious talent on show here... :) :) :) :) :)
LOL! That's exactly the kind of thing that inspired me to write this song  ;D thank you so much for starting the reviews out on such a possitive note...I'm truly humbled. I honestly wasn't sure about this one, cause the only person I'd played it for, thought it was all over the map, but then they're fairly conservative :) I know what you mean about the vocals soundly slightly out of sync in some places, so I'll fix that.
Thanks again Kevin...means a lot coming from you :)

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2018, 11:47:06 AM »
Hi Suzy, nice to see you back and producing so creatively.

This chorus is outrageously catchy. Your lyrics as ever capture a sideways view of the world, but reveal real truth and great social comment!

I would call your songs 'Songs Plus', cos you always seem to add these epic extra movements that are something away from the main themes of the original structure. A bit like in a musical or opera!

So you ask in the intro do you stray too much from the main theme? Well this is kind of your signature style and I think your listeners will always expect something a bit more unconventional from you, it is all part of the joy of taking the crazy journey though your entertaining songs. So it all works for me anyway!

I really liked this - and SO nice to hear a new original track from you!  ;D
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2018, 01:54:49 PM »
Hi Suzy, the lyrics are right on the money. It has a bit of a bonkers coming together of ideas! Interesting, with some great changes in the tempo, arrangement and feel.
Nice one

Jamie

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2018, 06:49:35 PM »
Great piece of work Suzy.

For me how you merged the music with the many sound affects was the cleverest part of the song. The song is like opening several chapters in a book and then walking through it fast-time

The lyrics are excellent and very clever.  I liked the guitar solo, I think it adds to the complex web that you have created.

Enjoyed this

Sandeep

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2018, 10:22:03 PM »
Great lyrics and a superb insight into the screaming modern life horseshit that we're all currently obliged to drown in.

There's always a really impressive intelligence behind your songs and a uniqueness that always sounds completely natural...which I think would be impossible to carry off, were it not absolutely genuine.

This couldn't be anyone else. I always love hearing from you. It's always a treat.

heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2018, 10:33:47 PM »
Yep, it's a Crystalsuzy track...Fo Sho!

Great choice of topic and well delivered, to the point without being too preachy.

Really catchy chorus.

I wasn't overly keen on the 'we don't have to think anymore' section on my first listen, although I thought the lyrics were important to be included. It has grown on me with subsequent listens though. I'm not sure how I might do it differently, or even if I would anymore.

It's a stop and thinker for the cyber generation, sleepwalking into the singularity.

Yodasdad

Press 1 to repeat this message.
Press 2 to ignore it and move on.
Press 3 if it is too much effort to decide and you would like me to do it for you.

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2018, 10:04:59 AM »
@crystalsuzy,

Unique and thoroughly engaging.  I would have said that the title was awful but after listening, I was wrong.  It compliments the quirkiness of this super song.

Quality

Paul

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2018, 11:37:18 AM »
Love it, like the smart fridge line, very clever lyrics.

You have definitely created your own sound, like the metal solo, nice touch.

And the mayhem at the end.

Rich
thanks so much Rick, glad you liked it :) thanks for recognizing the "smart" lyrics ;D ;D I think there could be even more mayhem at the end :o

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2018, 11:42:13 AM »
Whoa - just what the doctor ordered,  a little bit of @crystalsuzy insanity  :D :D

As always so creative and out there - I just love it. Great lyrics and topic and quite the trip and journey but I would expect no less from you.

Epic is right - and I love the solo!

K
Hey K, nice to cross paths once again :) I glad you liked the insanity of this song :o I'm going to gave to post a song that is completely normal, just to prove to myself that I can still do it  :) thanks for your kind words and I love your new one as well  :-*