Wild One

• 19 Replies

Mutrins

• Open Mic
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2019, 12:13:15 PM »
Top notch production. Great vocal.

Awesome guitars!!!

really strong track. sounds like a rock hit to me!

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2019, 03:36:56 PM »

Hey YD.....been a while ;D ;D

Did anything come of that TV thing you were talking about...
 Look at that....my long term memory is working fine.  The doctor will be pleased ;D ;D

Great song mate. Great energy. Love the way it builds at the end....nice guitar playing.
 Especially like the rhythm playing.  The vox and production definitely give that
 American Epic 80's Rock flavour.....Loved it ;D ;D

Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2019, 08:51:42 AM »
Boom - such energy in those vocals, you really show off your range and power.

It's a fun and infectious song - I think I prefer your more modern productions but it sounds like you're pretty versatile and can pull anything off.

tboswell

• Platinum Album
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2019, 10:52:28 AM »
Really like it, catch and rocking and real fun. Lovely guitar work all the way through and really good vocals too.

The only thing that concerned me was the drums, which sounded a little separated from everything else. Hard to put my finger on what it was. Might need to compression on them or could be they are dry when everything else is wetter. Might benefit from a little knob twiddling...

But that's just nit picking, super track!

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2019, 12:16:22 PM »
Time for a few overdue thank you's.

@shadowfax
Thanks for listening - take on board what you said about the guitar, always good to have a second pair of ears on things.

@pompeyjazz
Very tight pants mate and frequent kicks in the nuts from Mrs Yodasdad. Thanks for commenting.

@crystalsuzy
Thanks for the positive comments, I did have some pent up ideas to get out.

@Jambrains
Thanks for listening and particularly mentioning the imbalance. That's why this forum can be so invaluable.

@PaulAds
Take on board all of what you've said. I agree the lyrics aren't going to win any awards. If I could writes songs, as opposed to just music, without the need for lyrics I would be so much happier. I find them so difficult and tend not to really hear them in other peoples work. I'm pretty much just about the music, no matter how much I try to focus.

@Movin Flavour
Thanks Sandeep. I wish I could actually play guitar, it'd be so much quicker than programming them.

@montydog
That is high praise coming from an acomplished writer and producer like yourself, thanks.
I hadn't made the GnR connection myself but I'll take it as a compliment. That SCoM is an awesome track, if somewhat overplayed these days.

@MonnoDB
Thank you for your positive comments. As I said above, I only wish I could actually play guitar. Too much else to do these days to be learning now though, maybe one day.

@Inanité_sonore
Thank you for commenting. I take on your comment about the drums, something for me to focus on going forward.

@fischermans
Thanks Alexander, useful observations for me to work on in future, musch appreciated.

@Mikey
it is a wah pedal, well the effect of one anyway, good ears! I take on board what you say about the vocal timing. I think I've got a bit of a latency issue going on with my audio as everything sounds spot on when I'm tracking it but not so much on playback.

@Skub
Thanks - Your ears can't be that clapped out mate, you do a fine job of churning your own stuff out to a high standard.

@Neil C
Thanks for commenting. If I remember rightly the key change for the solo was a ctually a return to the original key after a change for the mid 8. It actually sound a bit off to me for the first few listens, until I got used to it. I'll learn from what you said about the drums and BV's

@PaulyX
Thanks for your positive words. I haven't been around for a while so hadn't noticed you were having a bit of a break to but get back on that horse mate, you've got plenty of talent that should be on display.

@Mutrins
The production on your tracks is Top notch mate, mine is....getting there. If you ever fancy producing one of my songs let me know. Thanks for listening.

@Binladeda
Thanks for your positive observations. The Tv thing..nah...I'm still waiting..but as I saw it on TV and I wasn't in it, I'm guessing I could be waiting a looong time. I don't think I had the right X Factor style sob story, which seemed to be what the researcher was fishing for.

@adamfarr
Thanks Adam, I do like to try going whichever way the music takes me, sometimes it works, sometimes not so much.

@tboswell
Thanks for your comments, I take on board what you're saying about the drums and can use your observations to improve this. I do like knob twiddling...

Thanks everyoneand Happy new year by the way.

Yodasdad