konalavadome

Wild One

• 19 Replies

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« on: December 15, 2018, 08:53:20 PM »
Hi All,

It's been a while since I posted a track here, in fact this is the first song I've written in about 8 months, largely prompted by listening to some of the quality chooons floating around on here.

https://soundcloud.com/my-idiom/wild-one-m-blair-2018

I'm usually quite pleased with the sound that the soundcloud compression adds to my tracks, but not this time I don't think - loses something in the high end to me.

Any feedback is welcomed and thanks in advance to anyone who listens.

Wild One © M Blair 2018

V1
She walks out of a Thunderstorm
No one ever see’s where the clouds come from
I don’t care, she was put here just for me

Wide eyes and a hot damn smile
And a look that says baby I can go all night
She can dance, she just dances in the street

C
All of the red lights turnin green
This girl is a wild one she’s a different league
She’s up on the redline it’s down to me
Can I compete with a wild one – Live it up with a wild one

V2
Getting late but the nights still young
Cocked and loaded, yeah girl we’re gonna have some fun
Take my hand and we’ll dance till the mornin light

Fast feet and those hips that thrill
Like a fever rushin over me you’ll make me ill
But I’m fine, got some time I’m gonna be alright

Mid 8
Tell me in the mornin will you know my name
Or is this just a one night stand then walk of shame
I guess there’s nothing I can really do
But revel in the moment with a girl like you
I’m just glad I spent some time with one of the wild ones

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 09:49:09 PM »
Super song ...worth the wait i reckon, lead guitar seemed a bit sort of..skinny but no matter..super song mate!!!
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 10:02:00 PM »
Yo ! @Yodasdad Great to see you knocking some new stuff out after all this time. This is refreshingly upbeat and full of energy. Your vocals are always amazing. How do you get those high notes ? You looked like you had fun in your shower as well  ;D Top quality man  :)

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 03:29:58 AM »
WOW<that is an amazing track! You must have been bursting at the seams to get this one out, after an 8 month sabbatical :)
Beautiful vocals :) Lot's of energy and great melody! Everything about this song sounds fantastic to me  :)

Jambrains

• Platinum Album
  • Jim Steinman ftw!
    • Jambrains
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 08:48:33 PM »
Hell yes! That's the way we like it!  :D :D :D :D
Really love the vocals on this one and the rest of the performance is up to par.
A little L/R imbalance in the mix (or a tad to wide stereo image?) but apart form that the mix is fine.
Well done, going for another spin. And another...

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2018, 10:12:00 PM »
I read through the lyrics before I had a chance to listen to this one...which was a bit of a shame as they're probably not the highlight of the song (not that there's anything wrong with them...it's just probably not always the best way to approach a review) the vocals take the biscuit again for me...as they invariably do in your songs. You're an excellent singer.

It's a lively foot-tapper...and has far more appeal than I could ever dream of generating...it's just somehow not my kind of thing. Since my break from the forum, I found myself gravitating more towards stuff that connects with me...it doesn't mean for a moment that I don't appreciate the talent on display...which is very much in evidence here...and I certainly wouldn't suggest anyone ever pitched anything in my direction.

Is it that it's too confident and/or ambitious? I don't know...it's a very well put together song. Mix is excellent...playing is very good. I wasn't particularly keen on the drum sound...but that's nowt, really.

It's very good...it just rang some kind of alarm bell somewhere in my head. Please take no notice of me  :)
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2018, 09:21:01 PM »
Wow ....that is singing.

So much energy, this song should have been played in the Breakfast Club.

Some excellent  guitars.

A great track.

Sandeep

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2018, 02:31:38 PM »
Hi,

Fantastic vocal - you are a great rock vocalist. Loved the production and instrumentation - loads of energy and punch. Sounds like a hit record on US FM radio. I thought the vocal on the bridge was exceptional.

My only crit is that the first three quarters of the verse melody reminds me a little too closely of  "Sweet Child Of Mine" by Guns n Roses.

Great track though.

M

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2018, 06:20:00 PM »
Very slick production and arrangement. Really like that vocal effect (echo) in the chorus. Shades of Axl in the vocal - only I like your voice a lot more!! Wow that guitar playing is awesome!! Fantastic drive to the track - loved it @Yodasdad  Hope to hear more soon now you’re producing after your little break!

Inanité_sonore

• Open Mic
    • Black Gift Bandcamp
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2018, 10:04:19 PM »
Hello,

I feel the influence of the Beatles, that's a compliment. It's a very good job. The melody is very nice and the guitars mix well. You sing very well.

To be constructive I would say that the sound of the drums remains to work.

Otherwise, I like it !

See you,

IS
IS

My project "Black Gift" :
listen the album and buy CD & vinyl :
https://blackgift.bandcamp.com/releases

Listen :
https://soundcloud.com/black_gift/tracks

Inanité Sonore Records :
https://soundcloud.com/user-24297189

fischermans

• Platinum Album
  • most other people find me suspicious
    • This is my band and me.
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2018, 06:15:33 AM »
Wow, great song. Very hunting lead guitar. I like it very much.
Only nitpicking is that I felt the voice sometimes swims in the rest of the music when you know what i mean. It should be more in front for my ears but this is may only me.
Well done Alexander
My band and me live in Eupen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp_SGRMve1M&feature=youtu.be
><(((°><°)))><

Mikey

• Solo Gig
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2018, 04:45:54 PM »
Hi @Yodasdad

Great song, the energy builds up nicely and the mix is good and punchy, great rock sound, is that a wah pedal on the solo? Andy hates it when I use mine as he says its a pain to mix, but some songs just demand it and this is one of them. One minor point, I would have tightened up the timing on a couple of the vocal lines, but maybe you were going for the slightly off beat sound. The vocal performance itself is great, as is the playing, looking forward to the next one.

Cheers, Mikey

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2018, 08:40:09 PM »
Yo YoDa.

A classy pop offering. Has a lynyrd skynyrd feel at the start,then the power pop comes in for a surprise.

Great vocals and the song is tight,mix sounds fine to my clapped out ears.

Good to hear you still on the ball man.  8)

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2019, 11:51:56 AM »
Great intro, with the guitars shimmering. Very Tom Petty :-)
Liking the US radio rock feel of the tune. The sun is shining and I just want to hop into a Mustang and drive somewhere - in my imagery head.
Like the key change to the solo which was really neat, and when you start to include secondary vocals towards the end, Fab.
Thoughts: I'm not convinced about the drum sound it a bit rock thuddy and more bv's - perhaps proper pared 'wild one' over the chorus.
anyway a enjoyable 4 mins, thanks
 :)
neil

songwriter of no repute..

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2019, 05:38:03 AM »
Welcome back from sabbatical YD.
Storming track to return with.  It sounded very commercial and radio-ready to me, and plays to several of your many strengths - especially them impossible high notes towards the end... just wow.  I liked the way it never really flags throughout - it starts punch from the first bar and then just continues that way, and that key change is very clever.
OK, trying to drag myself out of sabbatical here too... Here's to 2019 eh.
It's all too beautiful.