konalavadome

Lets play a game 1962

• 52 Replies

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2018, 10:34:27 AM »
Whato @crystalsuzy Thank you very much for the kind words I really appreciate them. Glad you like it.

It was a right gas to write and produce this one although very challenging at times.

Just for the record (7”) the brass was magix independence with the waves aural exciter, which for some reason brings brass to life...

Thanks

Rich

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2018, 01:02:16 PM »
@Jenna - Thanks for the listen, appreciate your kind words.

Regards

Rich

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2018, 06:23:35 PM »
Great scene setting with your introduction and also the ‘love shack/twist’ part in the beginning. Great vibe appropriate to the era so I think you filled the brief very convincingly.. apart from all that it’s a cool and catchy song very well performed. Love the confidence of the vocals and it has a great sense of fun to it. Not surprised you were dancing in your car!

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2018, 06:52:16 PM »
love the back story! The guitar riff kicks in and I immefiately think about 'Love Machine'. it is so close. Perhaps,  that's drliberate as I later hear The Shadows making an appearance and also the Twist and shout riff. Anyway, I admire your plan to write and perform in different genres. Guess I shoukd be doing this more too.  Very enjoyable!

Paul
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 07:08:52 PM by Wicked Deeds »

Mikey

• Solo Gig
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2018, 06:58:19 PM »
Hi @cowparsleyman

Love the B52's vibe, and you've done a good job of capturing a vintage sounding mix, the song is good fun too.

Cheers, Mikey

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2018, 12:10:52 AM »
Great vibe, I like the idea of getting away from a genre or comfort zone.

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2018, 08:38:04 AM »
I'm struggling to review this one if I'm honest, it falls so far out of my frame of reference.

I enjoyed it though, it was a lot of fun and I can hear the craftsmanship that went in to creating it.

To be honest, I didn't notice the crowd noise disappearing until I went back and listened for it.

Liked the sporadic homages to different artists.

Sorry I can't be more constructive with this one, great work though.

Yodasdad

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2018, 12:46:15 PM »
@Yodasdad - Thanks for the listen...glad you enjoyed it, that's all one can ask for. I suppose it is my childhood influences coming out, I didn't plan it like that, they just appeared.

You know when something is just right, even int he early mixes, I was grinning like a cheshire cat when Austin does his thang, it went soo well with Pam's Vox.

Rich

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2018, 02:40:43 PM »
Hi,

Great sounding track - you obviously know how to record and mix music. Song is good also but if you're trying to reproduce an early 60's vibe I think you've missed the mark. The electric guitar riff along with the bass line is pure "Love Shack" by the B-52s so that colours the whole feel. It's early 80's, not early 60's. (I remember one but not the other!).

It still a very skillfully and beautifully realised song.

M

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2018, 07:42:18 PM »
Yuletide Greetings to you @montydog - Thanks very much for the listen, and the compliments, I note your comment about the clash of the '60's and the '80's and I wondered about this as I planned it, could the 2 co-exist? I tried to capture the essence of the '60's with the retro/nostalgic feel of the '52's so perhaps it didn't work. To prep for the production,, I listened to a few '60's artists, beatles, kinks etc. to try and grab the mixing/production vibe, but I always wanted a '52's feel to it too, Pam was perfect for that, so I guess overall I'm happy with it, and concede that maybe it's not a true '60's thang.

I seem to remember that kind of twangy guitar riff in some of the sixties songs, can't remember which ones, probably Shadows & Beatles.

Thanks again

Rich

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2018, 11:15:51 PM »
Woah! I'm loving Pam's vocals. I know her well enough to know this must have put her out of her comfort zone, but that's a great thing, and will make her grow as a singer. Yours sound great, too.  :)

I like the mix of styles. It harkens to the 60s as you wanted, but it feels like your song, not a cover, or a copy of a style. Great job. Very original sounding, and fun as heck. (Haha. Can't believe I said heck.)

Merry Christmas!
Lynn

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2018, 01:23:55 PM »
Hi @redrhodie - I’ve thought a lot about you and that you were the catalyst for out collaborations, i have a lot to thank you for, she is one heck of a singer and a pleasure to work with, I’m forever in your debt.

How’s things with you, Lynn? Hope you had a rollickingly splendid Christmas, do you live near Boston?

If ever you need anything i can help with, feel free to pm me...

Regards

Rich

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2018, 09:54:21 PM »
Hi @redrhodie - I’ve thought a lot about you and that you were the catalyst for out collaborations, i have a lot to thank you for, she is one heck of a singer and a pleasure to work with, I’m forever in your debt.

How’s things with you, Lynn? Hope you had a rollickingly splendid Christmas, do you live near Boston?

Regards

Rich

I'm really glad things worked out with Pam. I can't wait to hear what else you do together. I remember when she said she wanted to be a more versatile singer, and it's really happening. I'm glad I played a small part in it!

Christmas was really great. The lp is coming soon. I'm starting a new job in the next week. Things are totally wicked awesome.

How did you guess I'm near Boston? Amazing.

Happy New Year and thanks for the offer. We'll keep that in mind. You're too kind.

Lynn

fischermans

• Platinum Album
  • most other people find me suspicious
    • This is my band and me.
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2018, 06:31:04 AM »
Cool song with a 100% B52 style for me. I liked it a lot. Very clear production.( How you guys always manage to do this  ::) ) Thanks for sharing.
My band and me live in Eupen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp_SGRMve1M&feature=youtu.be
><(((°><°)))><

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2018, 10:40:30 AM »

Regards

Rich

I'm really glad things worked out with Pam. I can't wait to hear what else you do together. I remember when she said she wanted to be a more versatile singer, and it's really happening. I'm glad I played a small part in it!

Christmas was really great. The lp is coming soon. I'm starting a new job in the next week. Things are totally wicked awesome.

How did you guess I'm near Boston? Amazing.

Happy New Year and thanks for the offer. We'll keep that in mind. You're too kind.

Lynn

Lynn @redrhodie - good luck with the LP, How did I know you are near Boston, Well, I guess you were from Rhode island (Red - like the Chicken) and I looked up where that is.

Good luck with your job

Rich