The Man in the Moon Sheds a Tear

• 18 Replies

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« on: December 13, 2018, 03:18:04 PM »
Phil and I wrote this track a couple of years ago, but never completed. We have thought about going back to it, but have been side tracked by life and trying to write a House Song, which is not as easy as I thought.
I have written some new lyrics for it, because I think the chorus is currently a bit dark. If anybody has the time would love to try and collaborate and finish it one day!!!
As it stands, we only did one vocal track, but I'm posting it because is December. and it has a Xmas feel, so please listen if you have time.
Thanks

Sandeep

This is the link:   https://soundcloud.com/sandeep-issar/the-man-in-the-moon-sheds-a-tear

These are the current lyrics.

The man in the moon sheds a tear

Verse 1

There's a place that I go just to be on my own
Where the woes of the world can't find me
There's a lake by a stream
Where the stars are so clear.
Makes the man in the moon shed a tear.

Verse 2

It's the place that I go when I'm thinking of you
I know you can never be near
I dream that you kiss my lips
And love's abundantly clear

Chorus

Shadow of a crater watching over me
Hiding all my fear
Guiding all my dreams
Like an orchestration
Where rhythm has a soul
hearts lose all control
shadow of a crater watching over me
shadow of a crater watching over me

You're not here, you're not there, but you're everywhere
Your soul is always in me
When I take a step
I feel that you're near

Chorus

Repeat and fade.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 09:50:54 PM »
Hi Sandeep and Phil. Good to see you back on the forum  :) What is it about long song titles ? My preview showed it as The Man In The Moon Sheds and I was having these thoughts of some bloke living on the moon in his shed  :o Ok, all is a bit clearer now. I thought you had some interesting ideas going on here and it's a very chilled vibe but I somehow thought that it was going to break out into a full on EDM track but never did. The only other thing I would say was that I thought the vocals with the chorus and reverb didn't really sit too comfortably with the rest of the track. Now I am no expert in production jobbies and it may well be the effect that you wanted but just my opinion. Anyway guys, you've been missed and welcome back. All the best, John  :)

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 03:20:21 AM »
I like the bell intro :) It's a beautiful song and beautifully sung. Lovely string/vocal backing track :) I think it's lovely as is, but I too was expecting it to break into an EDM track, and it would be interesting to hear it do that, if you were so inspired.  ;)

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 09:32:49 AM »
Blimey!! the talent on this forum is getting out of hand!!! this is gorgeous..just gorgeous, a beautiful tune and beautifully presented, all I would say is to make the strings a little more distant sounding, otherwise I reckon it's stunningly fab..well done guys!!!
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 10:36:09 PM »
Arrghhh! Sorry I missed this one, Sandeep...I'm still catching up...

Sounds great....lovely vocal and it does have a xmas-sy feel to it...a Freiheit kind of thing, perhaps...although that wasn't really a xmas song, was it? I'm rambling again...

It has quite an "outer space" feel to it too...in a really good way. I went off on one at a gig at the weekend as I'd just heard "a spaceman came travelling" on the radio...and I said imagine how disappointing it'd be to travel millions of miles across space, and land on planet earth and the first person you bump into is Chris de Burgh singing "la la la la, la la la, la la la"

"everyone back onto the spaceship...QUICK...let's GTFO of here"

Anyway...I thoroughly enjoyed this...has a lovely vibe to it. Tip top!
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2018, 11:26:30 PM »
This was a lovely 3 and a bit minutes of escapism.

Wonderfully rich a sumptuous soundscape in which you can just float away and the simplistic melody sits lovely with this.

I think I would have liked a slightly more intimate and less effected vocal, but apart from that, lovely stuff.

Actually, if you've taken inspiration from anyone and can recommend music in a similar style, I'd be interested in checking it out.

Yodasdad

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2018, 07:36:45 PM »
Hey @Movin Flavour .. Wow!! Love this! Great piece beautifully sung! So gentle... just captivating!!  The instrumental parts are just lovely... very original theme and lyrics. Great stuff!

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2018, 08:52:50 PM »
Dear @MonnoDB , @crystalsuzy , @Shadow , thanks for your very kind word.
@pompeyjazz - John, your definitely right about the chorus, we never got it right and we need to work on it.
@PaulAds, - thanks for your comments, glad you liked it
@Yodasdad - Thankyou, I can't really remember where the inspiration came from. I think of Noel Noel, whenever I sing it. I'm really into Paul Weller and , I first started writing songs when I heard the 12 inch version of Long Hot Summer, it has so many tunes and sub tunes. I remember singing the song and then the song morphed into different songs.

Thank you all

Sandeep

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2018, 12:59:39 PM »
@Movin Flavour - This is really cool, and interesting,

1:35 the Vox seem to be a little low

Nice work with the strings and Choirs, that's rather hard to do.

What did you use for the vocal doubling? we they double tracked or something like Soundtoys microshift?

Nice work.

Hope this helps

Rich

Mikey

• Solo Gig
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2018, 06:54:05 PM »
Hi Sandeep @Movin Flavour

A nice atmospheric song with good emotion, great vocals as always, reminds me of some 80's style ballads, very nice.

Cheers, Mikey

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2018, 02:35:48 PM »
This is a lovely thing indeed. Beautifully produced and so atmospheric. Definitely has a Christmassy feel - must be the sleigh bells! Lovely choir-like backing vocals - how did you do that?

Can't find anything negative to say - it's an absolute cracker......see what I did there!

M

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2018, 01:28:36 PM »
Dear @cowparsleyman , @montydog and @Mikey thanks for taking the time to listen and thanks for all your kind and constructive comments.

Sandeep

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2018, 06:16:36 PM »
Yo Sandeep.

The intro has lovely feel and warmth and the song builds nicely towards the middle. An epic ballad vibe.

The Xmas sound is well evident and I could easily hear it at any new Year party slow dance.

Loved it man.  8)

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2019, 03:27:25 PM »
Epic stuff Sandeep.

Lovely sound which envelops the listener. Slow paced but never drags for that...just pulls you dreamily along.
'Shadow of a crater' is a very effective line and becomes mesmerising repeated....has a good rhythm to it and I can see how this would be very well fitted into a dancy mix as others have suggested.

Nice work just as it is.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 03:56:49 PM by Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra »
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2019, 04:57:42 PM »
Very romantic sounding. Very fluid and flowing. It has an elegant motion and rhythm. Really pretty.