What is on everyone's list for Santa this year?

• 17 Replies

Sing4me88

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2019, 09:49:51 PM »
Thankfully I resisted the urge to impulse buy the Yamaha Vocaloid and have since had this cheaper alternative from Synthesizer V brought to my attention - seems to be just as useful and is less than half the price, plus there's a free demo version to play around with first. Sure as heel beats me trying to 'sing' in a female voice when throwing ideas around with producers, topliners etc!

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2019, 09:34:43 AM »
How did you get on with it in anger?

Sing4me88

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2019, 08:42:06 PM »
Still playing around with it, really, but so far it seems pretty straight forward to use. Much easier to 'connect' with a topline in terms of timing, prosody etc when using a vocaloid rather than just midi keys!

Having problems getting it connected up to DAW (Mixcraft and Odesi!) thouh - this might be because I'm still in 'evaluating' (ie free trial) mode rather than buying for 'production' purposes yet. Another problem is that it only exports in midi format (which means it still sounds like keys when opened in a DAW!) or UST format as opposed to MP3 - again, could be due to trial version I'm using.

It's a pretty need piece of software and I'd suggest that anyone who writes EDM or who needs/wants a scratch female vocal should check out the free trial version.