konalavadome

Planetarians - my first ever entry in this forum

• 18 Replies

Jenna

• Solo Gig
« on: December 11, 2018, 07:51:24 AM »
Hi all. I finally have a finished soundtrack for review. My first ever attempt at songwriting and mixing. I'd love to hear any tips on getting the bongos and vocals to pop a bit better. Admittedly, I haven't done much to EQ the mids, so that's probably where I need to focus to round things out a bit more, but it's close enough to done for me. Hope you enjoy. It was a lot of fun putting it together.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 04:52:35 PM »
I won't be of any help with this. I don't know mixing and I have no idea how you made all those sounds. But I definitely like it. I don't know what EQing the mids (I've had explanations of this before, but I don't remember what it means) would do for it, but I can tell I like the way the vocal wafts through the piece with such a cool ethereal quality. I think it's awesome!

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 05:45:23 PM »
Nice amby track..don't think you need to eq anything!!
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 02:12:44 AM »
Hi Jenna

Sounds good to me.
It could use some mastering to boost the volume but the vibe & mix sound great.

Paul

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 07:57:40 PM »
Hi Jenna.

Great soundscape style track, Mix sounds fine here,

These tracks are great for honing your skills...

Nice work Jenna

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 09:54:08 PM »
Hi Jenna. The link doesn't seem to be working so I looked for the title on Soundcloud. Are you Lollipop Guild ? That's a well laid back piece of post smoke museec

Jenna

• Solo Gig
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2018, 11:33:26 PM »
Hi Jenna. The link doesn't seem to be working so I looked for the title on Soundcloud. Are you Lollipop Guild ? That's a well laid back piece of post smoke museec

Very strange, as it seems to be working at this end of the line. And yes, that is me on Soundcloud. Thank you. Glad to see it's been received as intended. LOL Stay tuned for more, and please enjoy the break during our reality intermission.

Jenna

• Solo Gig
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2018, 11:36:33 PM »
I won't be of any help with this. I don't know mixing and I have no idea how you made all those sounds. But I definitely like it. I don't know what EQing the mids (I've had explanations of this before, but I don't remember what it means) would do for it, but I can tell I like the way the vocal wafts through the piece with such a cool ethereal quality. I think it's awesome!

Thank you, darlin'! I'm just going to leave it be. I played a little with some mastering last night and polished it a bit more, but I'm calling it done at this stage. Thank you so much for the listen and comment.

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2018, 08:50:01 AM »
Lovely stuff - nice how there seemed like a journey and then the planet we landed on was quite dark and wild.

Somehow was expecting a huge lift off at the end (but perhaps not that kind of track). Before the change I was wondering whether some more variety in the bass could be interesting, but as the next segment came along it wasn't a problem.

Nice and nicely timed surprises along the way and all sounding really good!

Jenna

• Solo Gig
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2018, 04:27:52 PM »
Lovely stuff - nice how there seemed like a journey and then the planet we landed on was quite dark and wild.

Somehow was expecting a huge lift off at the end (but perhaps not that kind of track). Before the change I was wondering whether some more variety in the bass could be interesting, but as the next segment came along it wasn't a problem.

Nice and nicely timed surprises along the way and all sounding really good!

Great suggestions. I'll give some thought to those for a segue into the next song.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2018, 05:26:55 PM »
Whato Jenna

Just writing this as I listen for the 1st time, songs good to me, the bongos, you could make them a tittle distorted to add an unusual twist, like in a dodgy B movie soundtrack...

Mix and prod sound OK to me, love the depth to the weird Vox, very nice work indeed.

Really like this Jenna

Rich

Jenna

• Solo Gig
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2018, 01:43:48 AM »
Thank you, Rich. Appreciate the listen and comment. Cheers.

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2018, 05:47:52 PM »
Great track... thought I was going to the stars but then start travelling around all the different continents.

This is Art with music - going from one place to another.

If I need to relax this is what I will be playing.

Sandeep

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2018, 11:45:21 PM »
Hi and welcome to the forum, Jenn :) I really enjoyed listening to your soundscape. We are taken on a journey through so many different
cultures and scapes that it never gets redundant 8) I'm sorry but I can't help you with the eq mix stuff, but it sounds pretty good to my ears  :)
Pretty amazing for your first try 8)

Jenna

• Solo Gig
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2018, 01:23:17 AM »
Great track... thought I was going to the stars but then start travelling around all the different continents.

This is Art with music - going from one place to another.

If I need to relax this is what I will be playing.

Sandeep

Great to hear. Thank you so much.