konalavadome

Plug Ins Vanished??

• 4 Replies

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« on: December 15, 2018, 07:50:39 PM »
I'm sure I did something, but I can't imagine what...today the plugs ins are not showing up.

I'm using Reaper, and usually, when I click on "fx" in a track, I get a pop up window with a list of VSTs and whatevers in it. Today I get a blank list. The window is there with all the folders or categories or whatever, but there's nothing in any of them.

I checked. The plugins all still exist and are still in the same place on the hard drive they always were. I tried clearing and rescanning in Reaper. The directories are cleared and then rebuilt, so I know it can tell where to find the VSTs, but the list is still empty.

I must have clicked a box or something somewhere, but I haven't been able to figure out where or what. Anyone have any ideas for what I should try next?

Thanks,
Vicki

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 08:03:16 PM »
If you've recanted clear the cache and try again. Make sure you have no filters on the search

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 09:26:21 PM »
Vicki, Make sure the path where your vsts live is listed in the file locations before you rescan

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 03:53:40 PM »
Thanks, @pompeyjazz ! I never got a chance to try anything, and I guess I should have just waited a day to ask for help. Today everything is back where it belongs. I have no idea why. Maybe I didn't reboot enough times. Maybe it just needed to rest overnight. Who knows? Anyway, I'm back in business.