Pete Shelley

• 4 Replies

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« on: December 06, 2018, 09:07:47 PM »
Just heard the sad news of his passing. What a genius and inspiration. Sadly missed.

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 10:01:02 PM »
That is sad news. I used to think 'Ever fallen in love with someone you shouldn't have' was the perfect pop punk anthem. In fact, I still do.

And before Buzzcocks there was the original Magazine, remember anyone the brilliant 'Shot By Both Sides'.

These Manchester heroes have gone too soon, Pete Shelley, Ian Curtis, Tony Wilson, Rob Gretton, manager of Joy Division, bollocks!!
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 10:11:49 PM »
The first Magazine album orchestrated by Howard Devoto is something else. Well ahead of it's time. My favourite Buzzcocks track is I don't mind. Heard it once on Peel, bought it the next day, same goes for The Undertones Teenage Kicks. Both in the loft accumulating dust.

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 11:58:04 AM »
Sad news. My band once covered What do I Get which is my favourite Buzzcocks song. For some reason Ever Fallen in Love always left me a little cold, I felt other songs of there's deserved the limelight more.

Furry61

• Busker
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 03:22:53 PM »
Sad indeed, saw The Buzzcocks a few times at the legendary Friars in Aylesbury (where David Bowie did his first Spiders From Mars gig, Jimmy Hendrix played there too, both slightly before my time), Buzzcocks were always high energy, the crowd loved em.