Again
and again
and again
and again
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 03:45:25 PM by Jambrains »

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 04:10:07 PM »
@jambrains,

A big song that makes a big impact on a single listen. The stand out lyric is for me "Burying me with an enemy." and "I throw a line in the wishing well." Fine production reminiscent of th band James definitely retro and belonging to another decade. Good contrasting sections and instrumental

Well don

Paul

Almosthumanrobot

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 07:28:38 PM »
Sounds really good, meaningful lyrics combined with a full and developed sound. I really like it!
Awesome guitar solo in there as well.
I think the melody lines in the verse could be a bit more colourfull, if I had to say anything I didn't really like.
I'd use notes that are a bit further away form each other in that melody, I think it'd make the song a bit more interesting.
Really good work nonetheless.

Tom

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 09:25:03 PM »
Yup Johan. Deserves to be played loud. I'm getting a Bruce Springsteen vibe from this one a la Born To Run. The chorus is as catchy as anything. Another monster from the @Jambrains hit factory  :)

fischermans

• Platinum Album
  • most other people find me suspicious
    • This is my band and me.
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 06:41:07 AM »
Very good song with great lyrics which fit into the music perfect. May the drums sounds to me a bit rushed but this for sure is only me.
Great song well done.
Alexander
My band and me live in Eupen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp_SGRMve1M&feature=youtu.be
><(((°><°)))><

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 08:51:50 AM »
Very well put together, could easily have been put out under the 'Ashes For Dreams' combo, as it has that rustic rock feel I associate with you over there. I think I am maybe starting to see a signature 'Jambrains Dipping Couplet' technique being developed the more I hear of you- you know when you take a work like 'swear' , and split in in two and dip from a high note to a lower one! It works, of course!  ;)

The chorus is very catchy and you craft these usually very well.

Only nit...well that would be the guitar solo, which is a bit too retro old school for my ears, although I know this type of thing still has millions of fans across the world. Just a personal thing, I guess.

Good tune!  ;)
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 10:08:06 AM »
This is great!

Super lyrics and a really catchy feel.

At first I wondered if the drums were a bit too modern for my old-fashioned taste...they reminded me a bit of foo fighters/Kings of Leon kind of thing where the drums are almost another lead instrument... Probably what Moon would have been playing had he still been in his prime today...

But as it went on, I thought the choice of drums was perfect and locked in to the feel of the track like a foot in a sock

A cracking listen. Vocals moody and very fine too.
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2018, 10:21:05 AM »
Always like your music my friend, very consistent standard in everything you do, my thoughts on this song are that I think it could do without the piano and a bit more of a colour change for the chorus...however..sounded awesome loud in my new setup mate!!

Best, Kevin :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Jambrains

• Platinum Album
  • Jim Steinman ftw!
    • Jambrains
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2018, 09:45:14 PM »
@Wicked Deeds, @Almosthumanrobot, @pompeyjazz , @fischermans  & @shadowfax: thanks a mill for taking the time to listen and comment!

I think I am maybe starting to see a signature 'Jambrains Dipping Couplet' technique being developed the more I hear of you- you know when you take a work like 'swear' , and split in in two and dip from a high note to a lower one! It works, of course!  ;)
Guess your right, just the way I sing :-)

Only nit...well that would be the guitar solo, which is a bit too retro old school for my ears, although I know this type of thing still has millions of fans across the world. Just a personal thing, I guess.
Yeah, I know but that is the only way I know how to play  ;D
Thanks for the kind words   :)

At first I wondered if the drums were a bit too modern for my old-fashioned taste...they reminded me a bit of foo fighters/Kings of Leon kind of thing where the drums are almost another lead instrument... Probably what Moon would have been playing had he still been in his prime today...
Thanks Paul. You are 100% spot on re the drums. I often get the comment that my drums are a tad too busy but I love music where the drums are a part of the song and not just a glorified metronome  ;D Love drummers like Neil Peart and Mike Portnoy

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2018, 09:51:57 PM »
Hi jambrains.

Hell yeh, Like this style, Right up our street, Defo has a Bruce Springsteen vibe,

You have a cool deep vocal there dude, sits well in the track too.

Great track, Great listen.....especially on 11,

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2018, 09:52:56 PM »
Hey, quality song with ATTITOOD.  I liked the chorus a lot but my favourite aspect was that haunting rippling piano right at the start - loved that.  Only thing I didn't like was the fade out rather than letting it crescendo to a resolution (but then, I'm well known for dissing fade outs).  It was well sculpted, seemed to gather momentum all the way through, and suited your voice well.
It's all too beautiful.

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2018, 02:30:58 PM »
Hi,

I loved the piano intro - that sucked me in. Great vocals and a lovely, rich production. This is a very high grade piece of musicianship and songwriting. It's driven along by a superb drum part and that piano is lovely. Loved the Brian May like guitar solo at around 2:40.

Superb piece of music. Got to be a contender for SOTM.

M