konalavadome

Funeral Crasher Live Videos

• 18 Replies

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2018, 06:29:19 PM »
I've been doing a little browsing through these videos - they're great! Love the 12-string .. You're so brave - I wouldn't post raw recordings of my playing against a wall in pink hue in a fit (well I wouldn't post raw recordings of me in any setting!!)! But it works beautifully - very engaging stuff. Keep posting - I certainly will keep watching :)

K

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2018, 03:46:20 PM »
Ta very much for the encouragement!

For the last one, I thought I'd have a stab at 10cc's I'm Not In Love.

https://vimeo.com/308689881

I've always really liked the song since hearing it when I was a kid.

heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2018, 09:50:43 PM »
It's been fascinating watching your series of vids Paul and a huge hats off to you for getting up there and doing it  :) Tbh this is one of the most unexpected songs I would have expected from you as a cover but the beauty is to keep em guessing  ;) It's a friggin great song. I watched a BBC music thang about 10cc a few weeks ago. Man, did they knock out some hits between them and although they were never super trendy they kept on surprising us. You must have had a marathon recording session that day Paul unless you arranged the lights in the same position the next week and carefully selected last weeks clothes.  I must go and do something like this myself although not possible atm. Keep it up man as it's infectious  :)

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2018, 10:20:10 PM »
Thanks John...

I just knocked off ten songs once I'd got the lights set up. Not much of it worked out the way I'd have liked, and I just made it up as I went along...I didn't even have any idea what songs I'd play...but it was interesting to do. I've learned quite a lot from doing them and will might even try harder next time  :-[

My plan had been to do a whole album or two of songs like this (probably slower (!)) but I just can't seem to find the time to get anything done these days...

Thanks to anyone who took an interest...I appreciate it.

It mostly serves to show that you should probably

A) Plan what you're going to do
B) Do it properly and try your best

Two things I rarely manage.

heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter