Wait For Me

• 12 Replies

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« on: December 01, 2018, 06:59:48 PM »
Hi Everyone,

A simple little song from me - hope you like it and I hope you leave me some feedback so I can improve in the future.

Ta

M

https://soundcloud.com/alan-walker-4/wait-for-me

Why don't you wait for me
On the green grass
Behind your parents' place
Where the wind was warm
And the tears of joy were shining on your face
When the summer storm is singing
I'm calling, wait for me

At the roadside
In the rushing diesel air
Watch the trucks go roll by
And you're wondering why
Doesn't anybody care
When your faith is failing
I'm calling, wait for me

Remember when the air was still
And the blackthorn was in bloom
The simple promise that I made
Under a silver moon

In the sunshine
That falls like golden rain
On the one true love
I'm thinking of
But may never see again
When the sky is burning
I'm calling, wait for me

Remember when the air was still
And the blackthorn was in bloom
The simple promise that I made
Under a silver moon

On the shoreline
Where the world is dappled light
And my footsteps
Are washed away
And the past is out of sight
When the tide is turning
I'm calling, wait for me

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 09:13:06 PM »
Hey Alan, lots to like here mate. Your lyrics always paint a pretty picture to me...tall grass, warm wind, blackthorns and golden rain! My fave lines are in the final verse, I especially like the “and my footsteps are washed away and the past is out of sight.” Lovely stuff!

3.30 is a great length! So kudos for that. 🎶👍🏻🎶 (I’m trying to do the same with my stuff, but sometimes it’s bloody hard work trimming the fat off of songs!😄)

Musically you have some really beautiful stuff going on, I REALLY like the solos, first one especially! I wish I could play like that....or at all!!🤣 I also like the whole “Nile Rogers” guitar thang you’ve got going on, although if I was gonna suggest anything (& this is purely subjective of course) I would maybe not have it playing for the whole remainder of the song just for dynamics I guess, I wouldn’t take it out for long though.😄👍🏻

That’s all I’ve got though, great job mate!!🎶👊🏻🎶😄

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 09:16:57 PM »
Agree with Leo on a lot of points here Alan. You've got a lovely vibe going throughout the whole song and conjure up some interesting imagery through your lyrics. The solo is lovely and like the way it continues into the final verse. You've nailed it on this one  :)

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 03:45:49 AM »
Hi Alan

Lovely work here - I love the rhythmic elements to this and your vox are as smooth as ever.
Each verse is a "hook sandwich" which really works here IMHCO.
Good arrangement - perfect length.

Enjoyed the listen  ;D
Paul

fischermans

• Platinum Album
  • most other people find me suspicious
    • This is my band and me.
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2018, 09:09:23 AM »
Hello Alan, don't like the song, I love it. Great section is the one with the Banjo. Could be that I ask you once to do a Banjo playing on one of my songs. Only critic is this:

When the summer storm is singing
I'm calling, wait for me

At the roadside

I think the replication of "wait for me" is not the smartest one but this is some kind of nitpicking.
Alexander
My band and me live in Eupen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp_SGRMve1M&feature=youtu.be
><(((°><°)))><

Furry61

• Busker
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2018, 09:25:17 AM »
Hi Alan, Simple but catchy, nice job with the production too. Geoff

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2018, 09:26:22 AM »
Hi Alan

It sounds like a lot of love and care went into this...that comes across in all of your songs.

Excellent, vivid lyrics paint a picture like one of the illustrations from Casanova's yellowing, well-thumbed address book...as it fades to sepia and then crumbles into dust...to be blown away by the wind like at the beginning of that Dracula film (?)  :)

Super smooth vocals, great playing and all sounds crystal clear. A great production.
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2018, 02:41:46 PM »
For me a(nother) Montydog classic. I always crave lyrics that have been thought through to their utmost potential and you rarely disappoint - the diesel air is fab in particular.

That (mandolin?) solo seems a perfect complement - just adding some hints of a place or mood. And the tempo seems a nice contrast to the lyric - maybe he’s not that bothered really and life is rolling on so can’t dwell toooooo much.

Enjoyed it a lot!

Almosthumanrobot

• Busker
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2018, 02:56:06 PM »
Really like this one. The production is top notch, the higher rhytmic guitar you put in really ads a lot of swagger.
All in all a really good laid back song, would definitely listen to this on a sunny day while having a beer.

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2018, 02:36:15 PM »
Beautiful instrumentation here that draws the listener in Alan. Your productions get better and better. You have a prominent voice - never short of lyrics the tell a story am feeling and make it easygoing for the listener to enter into your world.

Kudos my friend!

Paul

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2018, 12:57:14 AM »
Really pretty. Love the mandolin. This one totally suits your voice. No suggestions to improve it. It's quite good as it is.

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2018, 09:01:39 AM »
Some really well thought out lyric lines struck me - eg 'the rushing diesel air' or 'sunshine that falls like golden rain', very poetic.

Nice instrumentation throughout. The chorus is very cool and understated, still I wondered if a simple harmony sparingly thrown in might help lift it a bit, seeing as it has to lift over that bright and animated mandolin that previously took centre stage. Just a thought...but it is quite lovely as it is.

Yes, a proper bit of singer-songwriting here. Enjoyed!  ;)
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2018, 10:35:09 AM »
Some mighty fine lyrics goin on in this one Alan...liked the doubling effect but felt some harmonies from your wife would've been nice towards the end..

best,Kevin :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!