What would you like to do right now?

• 22 Replies

CorkingCrackBand

• Platinum Album
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2023, 12:35:01 PM »
@PaulAds - Amazing...a really dig the truss rod cover...good job you don't play for Frank Zappa and the mothers of invention

Lol - I would never I have noticed had you not pointed it out. Cool @PaulAds8)

CCB

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2023, 01:46:44 PM »
Sounds like a great idea, buddy ❤️

I’m still in Greece on my holidays…but once I’ve had a week or two in the sun, I always want to get home to the damp and the cold…I miss my guitars too.

I’ve just been back in touch tonight with a guy I used to know, but lost touch with…we’re both Rickenbacker fanatics…he now lives in Seaham…so I’m looking forward to catching up with him too.

It’s so nice making and keeping up connections with people whose friendships you value…I’ve often thought it was a shame that more of us aren’t able to get together regularly…I’d love that! You, John @pompeyjazz Michael @MichaelA Paul @PaulyX Davy @Skub Karen @MonnoDB Kev @shadowfax Rich @cowparsleyman to name but a handful…and maybe, one day - fingers crossed - Vicki @CaliaMoko too

For my fantasy fortnight (now that my real holidays are over) I’d love to throw my acoustic in the back of my car, tell the boss to stick his job up his nose (temporarily) and spend a couple of weeks tracking down forum members for a beer and a natter, culminating on the south coast to tag along on one of John Pompeyjazz’s Open Mic Nights…I think we’d play “Behind The Makeup” and there wouldn’t be a dry seat in the house…

Wouldn't that be fab @PaulAds ? @MichaelA did talk about a meeting at some point but I don't believe it worked out unfortunately.... maybe some day..

I'd love right now - to answer the topic - to walk into a session and sing my little heart out... I've not been singing enough... Now, of course, living in Dublin, I actually have no excuse to NOT do that so maybe I should just walk out the door right now and do just that....

K

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2023, 10:46:40 AM »

I’m still in Greece on my holidays…but once I’ve had a week or two in the sun, I always want to get home to the damp and the cold…I miss my guitars too.

I’ve just been back in touch tonight with a guy I used to know, but lost touch with…we’re both Rickenbacker fanatics…he now lives in Seaham…so I’m looking forward to catching up with him too.

It’s so nice making and keeping up connections with people whose friendships you value…I’ve often thought it was a shame that more of us aren’t able to get together regularly…I’d love that! You, John @pompeyjazz Michael @MichaelA Paul @PaulyX Davy @Skub Karen @MonnoDB Kev @shadowfax Rich @cowparsleyman to name but a handful…and maybe, one day - fingers crossed - Vicki @CaliaMoko too

For my fantasy fortnight (now that my real holidays are over) I’d love to throw my acoustic in the back of my car, tell the boss to stick his job up his nose (temporarily) and spend a couple of weeks tracking down forum members for a beer and a natter, culminating on the south coast to tag along on one of John Pompeyjazz’s Open Mic Nights…I think we’d play “Behind The Makeup” and there wouldn’t be a dry seat in the house…

Wouldn't that be fab @PaulAds ? @MichaelA did talk about a meeting at some point but I don't believe it worked out unfortunately.... maybe some day..

I'd love right now - to answer the topic - to walk into a session and sing my little heart out... I've not been singing enough... Now, of course, living in Dublin, I actually have no excuse to NOT do that so maybe I should just walk out the door right now and do just that....

K

Would you fancy giving this a whirl, @MonnoDB ?

http://www.songwriterforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=19651.msg190785#msg190785

It sounds like it would be great fun…I’d love to see you and the other guys doing your thing ❤️

heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2023, 06:19:02 PM »

K

Would you fancy giving this a whirl, @MonnoDB ?

http://www.songwriterforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=19651.msg190785#msg190785

It sounds like it would be great fun…I’d love to see you and the other guys doing your thing ❤️

@PaulAds Ooh maybe....... depends on when it would be and the level at that time of my rather wobbly confidence... My ref above to walking out the door "right now" was that I could walk into any of a bunch of places and sing along rather than perform... I don't think I'd actually be able to play any of my songs right now :) ! But I could start practicing...... So I guess a little non-committal but I think it's a great idea!!!!!

K

(Good to see you back btw :) )

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2023, 07:37:49 PM »
Thanks!

I doubt I’ll be anything like as active as I’ve been in the past…

I suddenly realised I’ve probably written 100 songs and I can hardly play any of them 🤡

I stumbled into a songwriters night just up the road from me and have really gotten into that. We usually go round in a circle and usually have time for three songs each and I figured I’d just go through as many as I can, pretty randomly, without repeating any…and see which ones work and which ones don’t. It’s been great for the practice and having to re-learn them and remember all the lyrics is quite a giggle.

A lot of the folk who go there play solo gigs and I thought it’d be nice to get maybe 2x45 min sets together of my own songs from the five or six albums I’ve done…just in case I ever fancy it.

The downside is that I don’t feel inclined to write any more songs for the time being…but I’m sure I’d be able to pick it up again if and when it takes my fancy.
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2023, 08:32:37 PM »
@PaulAds

Maybe we could post one or two pre recorded live songs and then do a songwriters circle with 3 or 4 people.  i like the sound of that!

Paul

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2023, 09:17:18 PM »
I would be quite happy to organise the logistics of it all, technical setup etc etc, and get pre recorded videos lined up. Plus organise the Zoom call. I noticed today that there are a few more features on Zoom since we last used it in those weird lockdown times. The audio quality was pretty acceptable

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2023, 09:33:22 PM »
Go for it John @pompeyjazz. Let's get the moving again :)

Paul