konalavadome

Hollow Eyes

• 17 Replies

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2018, 05:38:44 PM »
Hey PJ - interesting indeed - definitely some Relight My Fire vibe in the chorus there!

I actually preferred the more electro-sounding verses - more atmospheric and interesting melodically, I thought.

But that's just a taste thing and I thought the two sections flowed well in and out of each other.

Next stop DJ-PJ...

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2018, 05:54:58 PM »
It's melodic and creative.  Whatever you use to produce a finished song is ok.  If you can ask yourself is there a part of you in the song and and have you created something unique that is not a blatant copy of another song, then you've done the job.  I enjoyed listening and also think it's a good post to invite others to do the same.  I wrote almost a full album using drum drum loops for Nooms and I.  The rhythmic patterns invite me to play and write  in a way that I don't usually and in the end, both room and I have been delighted ny the finished songs. 

Well done Pompley!

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2018, 07:25:16 PM »
Jon,
Interesting approach, you wouldn't have know if you hadn't said.
I really liked the upbeat piano and brass section was really catchy.
Musically I wasn't entirely sure whether the two sections really belonged together.
For me lyrics fitted the more electronic verse sections. I hope the lyrics aren't about some you know, but think are..
The brass stabs sound really good btw.
 :)
Neil

songwriter of no repute..