Going Ahead (Light Music or New Age?)

• 2 Replies

horizon776

• Busker
« on: November 27, 2018, 06:46:38 PM »
Hello, my friends,

My name is Yuhao Liu. And I'm new here. This is my newest music, named as "Going Ahead". It might be a light music or a New Age music? I'm not sure. I don't know how to classify it. But, it's just a music without human voice, only some instruments.

Link: https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=2V1fbSQbRcw&feature=share

Actually, I'm a programmer, so I'm totally an amateur of songwriter. I've just tried to use FL Studio to generate some music. And this is the last one I've finished in this week. Because I'm totally not a professional guy in music area, so I think there are still a lot of problem here.

So could you let me know your idea? There are also some other songs in my album. If you have time, could you also give me some advices about these? (Yes, I've published all of those into Youtube Music. Because before I come here and saw the topic of other people, I don't know what is Soundcloud. I thought that the only thing I can do is uploading these into Youtube or Spotify. It's a little bit embarrassed, because my songs are not so good like other music in these platform.)

All of these songs have been created in past 4 years, so you can found some of them doesn't have a good quality. Some of my friends told me, these songs are a little bit old fashion. They suggest me to find some forum and try to get some professional suggestion. Therefore, I come here. And because I'm a Chinese student in Germany. So, if my english description in this topic has some grammar errors, I'm really sorry for that.

Best regards,

Yuhao Liu.

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 12:27:58 AM »
Hi Yuhao Liu! You are welcome.
You say you're not sure what style to apply to your music. I think it's pop ballad.
The song is relaxing, very soft and there are moments in which an oriental touch transpires that works very well.

The mix, given the instrumentation, is well achieved, we are talking about a soft, repetitive music.
I think you have very good taste and that based on making music you will discover how to alternate different nuances of sound so that the song has a greater harmonic richness.

Saludos.
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

fischermans

• Platinum Album
  • most other people find me suspicious
    • This is my band and me.
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 06:31:47 AM »
Hey this sounds really good to me. Reminds me of Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence. Try to write lyrics for this and sing along the melody or if you not want to sing find someone to collaborate with.
All the best.
PS: Don't forget to listen to others work and leaf them a comment. ;)
Alexander
My band and me live in Eupen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp_SGRMve1M&feature=youtu.be
><(((°><°)))><