konalavadome

Vulture Time

• 16 Replies

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« on: November 27, 2018, 10:42:33 AM »
It's back to basics for me after my last little experiment with samples and synths.

I just fancied doing something a bit raw and rocky so I hope this one captures that essence  :)

Vulture Time

Life is a bowl of cherries
Unless you've got none to eat
Grab it, nab it, pinch it, grab it
If you want ti get that treat

Eyes are upon you
In case you can't stand the heat
He who stays there the longest
Gets the most to eat

Oh it's vulture time
Vulture Time
It's vulture time
Vulture time

They pick your flesh right off your bones
And move onto someone else
Funny these days better watch your back
Victims come on help yourself

Better stay focussed
Keep it in time
Fifty sets of eyes are upon you and...
Boy, you're the next in line

Oh it's vulture time
Vulture Time
It's vulture time
Vulture time

(c) Bradley – 2018

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 12:53:41 AM »
Your lyrics are a fine portrait of our actual society.... At least I think so.

Good intro... a little punk?
You are telling a sad story with a sardonic voice, and that is what I think you wanted to convey, the irony and the sardonic of what you describe.
I liked the FX that has the voice at 2.15
You always surprise me!!
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2018, 06:59:01 AM »
Thanks @moraamarolaloba  :)

You summed it up perfectly. That's exactly what I was trying to achieve.

I'm glad I surprised you as well  :)

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2018, 10:09:58 AM »
Mean as mustard.

A sneering and searing slap in the face of our self-centered, self-censoring society. Where most of the rewards seem to go the most greedy and unscrupulous. Other opinions are available...but that's mine.

Early doors, it reminded me a lot of sham 69...there is a great, sort of brutal feel to it.

Great as always. PJ  :)
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2018, 10:18:37 AM »
Yes! Rockin out with my sock out! I love how you aren't always genre specific, real talent.

Bill Saunders

• Platinum Album
    • https://soundcloud.com/bill-saunders
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2018, 10:59:24 AM »
Hi John

Raucous rock and bordering on punk/metal at times - I can well imagine one of my all time heroes Lemmy doing this justice - I can see him craning his neck backwards at the mic, Rickenbacker in hand...

The two voices running side by side work really well - and they're bloody angry! The drums got my attention - I think you were trying something new with the rhythm there, but couldn't quite work it out.

Always a pleasure listening to your output and this one is right up there.

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2018, 11:38:36 AM »
Hi John, displaying your punk roots here! Great rocky /punk feel to the guitars and particularly enjoyed the solo with the distorted voice over, nice touch. I really enjoyed the melody except I felt it was a bit uneven as the chorus didn't quite match up the very melodic verses. Great feel to to, enjoyed it!

Nice one!
Cheers
Jamie

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2018, 05:11:49 PM »
Yes, raw and rocky indeed! Verses reminded me of late 70s new wave, but the chorus was a bit more Madchester era to my ears, so a right rocky mash up there from across the decades. I think it's great to get really stuck into your heritage now and then, no holds barred, no fancy tech, and this is what you do here!

The musical treatment definitely suited the pithy lyrics, and what a great idea and why aren't there more songs about vultures anyway? Such a striking metaphor, yeah just after I've been watching 'Watchdog! and 'Fake Britain' on catch up TV, ha!

Nice release of unbridled energy there, you sound like you needed that!  ;D Cheers!
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2018, 05:17:12 PM »
@PaulAds Thanks Paul - Yep, that's what I was aiming for  :) It is a bit "Hersham Boys" on the intro innit ?

Good to see you back on the forum btw. I'm sure that you've noticed it's a little quiet, although it has picked up a little bit in the past couple of weeks

@RealKevM Thanks man, you know I like to mix it up a bit - variety, spice of life and all that blx

@Bill Saunders Thanks Bill - I hadn't thought of Lemmy, but now you say.... The drums are a result in having far too many midi downloads - I can never decide now  ;)

@Jamie Glad you enjoyed the vibe Jamie, it was great fun to record

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2018, 08:00:11 PM »
Cool punky sound to this @pompeyjazz - great lyrics, delivered with appropriate bite.. a style, I am very partial to! You are fierce prolific I must say - impressed at the speed at which you deliver new quality work.. Fab!

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2018, 05:33:53 AM »
Great song concept and great passionate (angry!) delivery!

I couldn’t help feeling it could do with an extra element somewhere- maybe a prechorus raising the tension, or maybe an extra line within the chorus to give a little twist? Not that I’ve got any obvious suggestions...

The double vocal is nicely unsettling and really gives it something. Normally I might suggest lining them up more exactly but I think the slight ‘swirliness’ they create adds a nice texture and uniqueness (and anyway is more ‘punk’!)

Always like your rockier stuff!

rightly

• Stadium Tour
  • newer Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2rightly
    • My cloud o' sound.
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2018, 01:27:22 PM »
nice rock tune
you've got to the point and concise down to a fine art.
I remember reading about the necessity of eradicating the distance between art and the artist in order for one to become consistent in producing high quality. You seem to have achieved this.

Are you setting your sights on something inconceivable to lesser mortals such a I?

Well done Pompey!
It's either this or that, then again it might be the other. 

I can promise you a future of slow decline.

Don't eat the yellow snow

And there you have it. 

https://soundcloud.com/2rightly

https://soundcloud.com/rightly

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2018, 05:19:12 PM »
@MichaelA There aren't many songs about vultures are there ? There really should be  :) Thanks for your feedback, I really enjoyed doing this one

@MonnoDB Thanks Karen, sometimes I think I should take more time on stuff but I've always got new ideas banging around  :)

@adamfarr Hope you got home OK  :) - Good idea about a little something extra. Gonna mess with something in the pre-chorus - Thank you  :) I do like doing the rockier stuff but also like experimenting outside my comfort zone  ;D

@Rightly Thanks you so much. I'm just a bloke knocking out songs in a back bedroom that very few people listen to so thank you for the compliment. It's more than enough for me to get respect from fellow writers  :)

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2018, 03:21:17 PM »
Eeek! - had to turn the 'phones down ; it nearly blew my ears out. Superb vocals and a nice, biting, no messing about attitude. You are the master of that squalling wall of electric guitar and pumping bass. Tremendous drum sound - very professional.

Scary in a good way.

M