« on: November 22, 2018, 09:14:29 PM »
Daftest day of the year again!

Studio One is giving 50% off, Waves has the usual huge savings
Time to go plugin crazy!

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 10:10:43 PM »
Some great midi drum stuff for EZdrummer at 9 Euros a pop instead of 25. Just downloaded 2 packs but when am I going to get the time to use it !

Bill Saunders

• Platinum Album
    • https://soundcloud.com/bill-saunders
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 09:54:59 AM »
Waves have just released a new one - Waves Sibilance and it's free. Not tried it myself, but early reports from others are good. Waves plug-ins are nearly always excellent.

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2018, 10:45:55 AM »
Yeah...i grabbed that one too...

Also - Bedroom Producers Blog has a big list of sales and freebies... Including a Free version of Steven Slate Drums...and plugin boutique has a few good deals and offer neutron elements free with any purchase...i got that and use one of the mastering presets on every track I do.

Toontrak EZ strings is really cheap and quite tempting..

And for anyone really serious about getting top quality drums... BFD is half price somewhere there too, I think

Oh... And hello again... I thought that Black Friday was an appropriate day for me to return to forum life 😀
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2018, 12:33:40 PM »
Ah, that time of year again. Time for me to waste several days trying and failing to get Waves Central to work with Reaper ...
Back to my free plugins. Humbug. (Hi Paul by the way!)

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2018, 02:53:00 PM »
@adamfarr I did manage to get it working with Reaper but it did take a lot of messing about and don't ask me how I did it  ;D Waves Central wanted me to update Abbey Road reverb for $162 and as I only paid $25 for it I really didn't want to do that !

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2018, 03:26:58 PM »
Ooo, I'd love to start trying to do better with my own production, but I use Reaper and don't know which plugins will work with it. Any recommendations for anything that would help with production in Reaper that I can get before the sales are over?

Bill Saunders

• Platinum Album
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2018, 04:13:26 PM »
Ah, that time of year again. Time for me to waste several days trying and failing to get Waves Central to work with Reaper ...
Back to my free plugins. Humbug. (Hi Paul by the way!)

I’m not a Reaper owner myself, but if you contact Waves support I’m sure they’d solve this. When I had an issue they ended up calling me, taking over my PC remotely and sorting that way. Super helpful.

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2018, 04:34:26 PM »
Ooo, I'd love to start trying to do better with my own production, but I use Reaper and don't know which plugins will work with it. Any recommendations for anything that would help with production in Reaper that I can get before the sales are over?
Vicky - honestly, I know I am swimming against the tide, but I am convinced almost everything can be done with free plugins. I know my mixes are no reference but this is not due to the free nature of the plugins! Happy to recommend some if you have any ideas for what you'd like to do...

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2018, 04:46:49 PM »
I agree with you @adamfarr and Reaper seems to handle all vsts pretty well. Computer music magazine is a good starting point for some fabulous plugins or just Google best free vsts

Bill Saunders

• Platinum Album
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2018, 06:34:13 PM »
Vicky - honestly, I know I am swimming against the tide, but I am convinced almost everything can be done with free plugins. I know my mixes are no reference but this is not due to the free nature of the plugins! Happy to recommend some if you have any ideas for what you'd like to do...

Adam, I must balance the books here - since starting to use plug-ins from the likes of Waves, Izotope, Celemony, Scuffham and a few others, I have to say that it has taken my music onto a completely different level. Like you, I do NOT hold myself out as a reference point!

I accept that if I had tried harder with the packaged plugins I could have got more out of them, but it is not just sound (although it is a big part of it), it is also about ease of use, especially for those of us who, no matter how many videos we watch, and no matter how much we read, find music production a little confusing at times.

I know I have spent too much on these over the last few years, and there are plugins I have paid for that I never use. However, music is my passion and I have been fortunate enough to be able to invest in the search for what I am after. The plugins I DO use, and have used regularly for a long time now have given me a lot of pleasure, have much improved my music, and that for me is a big part of what writing and producing music is all about.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 06:35:44 PM by Bill Saunders »

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2018, 09:26:47 PM »
Here's a darn good deal @pompeyjazz and others.

Izotope elements, worth £120, free with any plugin!

Plugins start at £1!

https://www.pluginboutique.com/articles/1401

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2018, 09:44:56 PM »
I think the main thing I'd like to be able to do is add instruments, like strings, horns, and percussion. I actually have quite a few percussion sounds, so I might not need anything there. I don't know about the rest, though.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2018, 09:55:47 PM »
@Yodasdad Bargain !
@CaliaMoko Try the DSK suite of instruments. There's strings, synth, choir, darkness....etc etc all free

My other big recommendation for a freebie is the Air instruments plugin. There is so much in there including brass, some killer synth and great beats as well. Last but not least try the Thorn synth. That is incredible. The trouble is that too many toys may distract you from your main objective to write songs. Anyway loads of quality stuff out there for free  :)