konalavadome

This Is Love

• 21 Replies

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2018, 08:59:31 PM »
Hey Paul, i also got a massive “Pet shop boys” vibe off of this track. It’s the way you deliver the vocal and it’s also a BIG chorus that I’m sure they would love to have on one of their albums.

I massively commend you for writing this the way you wanted to. It’s good to take a break from the usual format every now and then (I did the same with Starboy and Moonman) I’m on my 3rd listen and I honestly think it came out great! Def my cup of tea! Please let me know when the album drops.

Really great stuff buddy!  ;D

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2018, 02:09:09 AM »
Nice work Paul.
I love the lyrics and the intimate vocals - breaths and all  ;D
Production is up to your usual high standard too and the the vox are pitch-perfect (as always!)
My only observation - not really a crit - is that it never seems to resolve back to the dominant chord - so the tension is never quite released - and maybe that was your intention  ;D

Enjoyed the listen and good luck with your album (still enjoying your last one on my commutes)

Paul

Morefrog Jones

• Platinum Album
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2018, 04:14:33 PM »
Smoooooth!!

Retro ballad that would not sound out of place in a musical stage kind of show.......

With a few changes it would make a decent XMAS song in a film where two cute bunnies that have fallen in love but they dont know if they will see Christmas day because the farmer wants them for the pot ....but it all turns out right in the end ...has a nice warm feel of sitting by a fireplace with a nice glass of wine.........

rightly

• Stadium Tour
  • newer Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2rightly
    • My cloud o' sound.
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2018, 01:39:33 PM »
A fine song
You wrote you had to learn some self restraint . I think it's good to get that opportunity.
I can imagine this song being a key contribution in an album. these songs are absolutely necessary in so far albums are.

As of now I've done some pretty intense collections but they're not quite albums.
I hope to achieve this one day.

I enjoyed the listen.
It's either this or that, then again it might be the other. 

I can promise you a future of slow decline.

Don't eat the yellow snow

And there you have it. 

https://soundcloud.com/2rightly

https://soundcloud.com/rightly

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2018, 07:34:16 PM »
Paul,
all sounding good and heartfelt to me. Gentle instrumentation and vocal melody envelops you and then the gentle chorus lulls you in. Very smart.
 :)
neil 
songwriter of no repute..

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2018, 03:36:38 PM »
Hi Paul,

I enjoyed your last album so I look forward to your next one.

The world is full of songs which are desperate to make an impression immediately before you skip onto the next one. The lead singer of Journey was on the radio last week and he summed it up beautifully by saying that he preferred songs that you had to embrace and give up to rather than many modern records which just beat you over the head and say "listen to me!" I think you were right to take the gentle, simple and economical approach to this rather than pulling out the kitchen sink. Less is very often more and that is certainly the case here. A classic example of your talents.

M

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2018, 11:12:53 AM »
A nice gentle song and suites your singing style, not sure about the Oboe (sounded like an Oboe)..seemed a bit loud in places and did it need acoustic drums? still wondering about that :-\

Best, Kevin :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!