Too Late 30 Limit Remix

• 26 Replies

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« on: November 18, 2018, 04:23:16 PM »
This a remix of a song by the very talented songwriter @RealKevM

So Kev, thanks for letting me loose on your work.

TOO LATE

I'm coming up 40, in this 30 limit
it's doing nothing for me, but at least i'm still in it,
I'll lose my shoes, now I've found my feet,
if it's the same to you, I'll beat this disease.

Chorus
I'll sing mys songs, you sing em back to me,
We sing along, through the fields and the trees.

The years are falling, going by like the rain,
Can't you hear me calling, I'm going down again.
And to stop the rot, I'll write you something new,
Does it matter or not, if it sees me through?

Chorus

Solo

Fade....

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 06:45:52 PM »
Well I think it all sounds very nice and glides along great. So is Kev singing? Nice voice. It may be a touch loud in the mix, but I'm no pro mixer so take with a pinch of salt. I like the song, theres very little to differentiate the chorus from the verses
but that didn't stop me enjoying what I heard. It's just an observation. I really like that opening line "I'm coming up 40 in this 30 limit" very cool.

Nice work dudes!! 😁🎶👊🏻🎶

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 06:57:42 PM »
Whato @LostBoy - thanks for the listen, much appreciated, I’ve got a belter of a cold today, so maybe my lugholes are playing tricks, i also like to give it a once over on the car, so i might remix it once I’m better...

I made the same observation to kev about the chorus and recorded an alternative version but he preferred his original, and i get it now, it takes a few listens to get it, but i do now.

Thanks again

Rich... @RealKevM - got anything to add?

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 07:00:22 PM »
Hi guys, cheers for listening @LostBoy it's humbling when someone wants to record a song i've wrote and Rich has done a great job hasn't he? I'm flattered that you couldn't tell if it was me or him singing haha my voice is the shits most of the time.

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2018, 09:08:01 PM »
I thought that was really pretty. I liked the sameness of it, the way it just rolls along. The picture of the road is perfect, as it would be excellent on a road trip play list. I liked the organ and the speaking bits. This version makes Kev"s songwriting shine. Good job, CPM.

fischermans

• Platinum Album
  • most other people find me suspicious
    • This is my band and me.
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2018, 09:15:17 PM »
Hello, very nice song. I like the instrumental part very much. The only thing to criticise. May be you can improve the singing line a bit. In times it sounds a bit bored to me.
Thanks for sharing
Alexander
My band and me live in Eupen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp_SGRMve1M&feature=youtu.be
><(((°><°)))><

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2018, 08:20:41 AM »
Whato @fischermans - Thanks for the listen, I agree the Vox sound a little lacking in excitement, See what I can do...

@LostBoy - I listened in the car this morning, and I spotted a couple of things in the mixing, the drums could probably do with being re-tracked (not happy with the snare EQ), and whole kit brought up a couple of dB, the first verse acoustic guitar is a bit off tempo in a couple of spots, so it's a bit exposed without the surrounding instruments, so I'll re track the whole acoustic guitar part. The LVox could come down maybe a dB, but I'll wait once the drums have been re-tracked. Yeah I was achey and full of blimmin' cold yesterday, can't recommend it when mixing...

To me the song is about the message in the lyrics, and the repetitive melodic line kind of give a way to focus more on the words than one that darts about like a minnow...I'm a terrible lyric listener, I ALWAYS pick the tune apart, rather like a reverse engineering producer, so 99% of the time the lyrics pass me by, but not this one.

Thanks again you both, I'll attend the above points in the next few weeks and re release it.

cpm

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2018, 10:15:25 AM »
I really admire your work ethic Rich, i'm really humbled

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2018, 11:15:11 AM »
It's kind of you to say...but no need to be humbled...I just want it as right as it can be, that's where this forum is so brilliant, I agree with most of the comments so far, and I can do something to make the song the best it can be.

I just heard your song, saw over the preceding months that it would appear that you don't have any way of getting your songs arranged/produced, and just wanted to help; to illustrate how your Song would sound with a few musicians etc.

I respect your talent for lyric writing, as I find it so difficult.

A real pleasure Kev.

Rich

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2018, 08:01:31 AM »
Hi @cowparsleyman and @RealKevM

The lyrics grabbed me on this one. There are some classy lines here. I loved the laid back delivery as well. Totally suited for the song. Great stuff  :)

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2018, 08:28:24 AM »
Thanks @pompeyjazz - I totally agree, @RealKevM is one talented songwriter. I'm not normally a lyric person, but the depth and implied meaning is pure class.

Rich

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2018, 02:24:03 PM »
So, so flattered. Thank you @pompeyjazz and of course @cowparsleyman

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2018, 06:25:52 PM »
Really beautiful.

Vocals are raw and very powerful.

Loved the ending, especially the organ and "beat this disease " comment.... Adds a touch of class to a great tune.

Sandeep

Bill Saunders

• Platinum Album
    • https://soundcloud.com/bill-saunders
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2018, 11:22:01 AM »
@cowparsleyman @RealKevM Firstly, I love the lyrics and agree it is a very strong song. There's a lovely laid back and slightly sad vibe going on. I really like the instrumentation and for example the organ works beautifully in the break. To be totally honest, in certain places I wasn't totally blown away by the vocal delivery  - maybe it's just not my taste, so feel free to ignore, I suspect I am in the minority.

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2018, 11:32:43 AM »
Hi, enjoyed the listen, nice laid back vibe which motioned towards Beck on some of his more acoustic stuff. Liked the arrangement/instrumentation particularly the organ which fitted in nicely.
Good song, didn't hear the original so can't compare the mix, but it sounded good to me, except I though the vocals were a little loud.
Nice one chaps!
Cheers
Jamie