Redrhodie and diademgrove live in Edinburgh

• 12 Replies

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« on: November 16, 2018, 06:33:02 PM »
Hi guys,

Keith and I recently met in real life, and had a wonderful time together in Edinburgh. While there, we happened upon a music store, and we asked if they would mind if we borrowed some guitars and made a video in their shop. They weren't that excited by our request, but gave us permission with a warning that if we damage the guitars, we'd have to buy them. Keith grabbed the cheapest guitar in the store, and I grabbed a Martin. Haha. This is unrehearsed, with no plectrums, and a first take, and the only time we've ever played together in person. Considering those things, and that I suffer terrible stage fright (yes, even playing in an almost empty shop was scary for me) I'm really pleased with the results.

Thanks for checking it out!
Lynn

Here are Faraway my Lovely and Hull Soul Collective playing Frida and Picasso.

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 11:57:50 PM »
How lovely! I remember the song from when you posted it so it was lovely to hear and see you perform it live - you both seemed very relaxed!! How brave of you to perform in the music shop - I wouldn't have the nerve to do that so I'm well impressed and great that you're pleased with the end product, and so you should be - it's fab! Really glad you posted this...  How wonderful to collaborate on the song and then get to meet to perform it!

K

Bill Saunders

• Platinum Album
    • https://soundcloud.com/bill-saunders
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2018, 09:12:31 AM »
I get that - near empty music shops are still scary places to perform in - it takes guts! Well done, and thanks for sharing!

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2018, 03:05:29 PM »
Hey y'all,

Absolutely lovely to see that you two are serious enough with your collaboration to meet up, and then how wonderully confident to jump straight in make a video!

Such respect for both of your individual styles and have loved the work you have done together, really glad that you're keep it up and looks like you're both having a ball.

Keep at it!
Scott

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2018, 04:06:08 PM »
Haha that's great! Just walk in and make a video! Good song and performance guys :)

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2018, 07:25:39 PM »
Wicked, respect you both.

Get me all fired up.....

Yeah i remember that song posted up on the forum

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2018, 02:10:45 AM »
Thanks @MonnoDB . Really nice to hear that from you. If I had read that you wouldn't have the nerve to do it, I would have chickened out for sure!

Thanks @pompeyjazz . Really appreciate that.

Thanks @Bill Saunders . It was like diving into the deep end of the pool. Sink or swim. Haha. As afraid as I was, I knew it might be my only chance to play with Keith.

@ScottLevi , Really appreciate that. You're too kind. Yes, we definitely have a blast.

Thanks @RealKevM . Yes, we did!

@cowparsleyman , Wicked? I thought New Englanders were the only ones who say that. Haha. Glad you liked it!

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2018, 05:49:54 PM »
Thanks for all the positive comments.

Playing live with Lynn in a music shop in Edinburgh was f**king awesome, as you can tell by my reaction at the end of the video.

It was a huge privilege Lynn agreed to sing in public with me.

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2018, 09:12:28 PM »
Thanks for all the positive comments.

Playing live with Lynn in a music shop in Edinburgh was f**king awesome, as you can tell by my reaction at the end of the video.

It was a huge privilege Lynn agreed to sing in public with me.

Too bad we didn't record me singing with you, because that was really f**king awesome. If only we had rehearsed so you could have remembered the words. Haha.

rightly

• Stadium Tour
  • newer Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2rightly
    • My cloud o' sound.
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2018, 04:40:09 PM »
great stuff
does seem spontaneous

It really is a fine fine song.

Will you get an album of your fineries together?
It's either this or that, then again it might be the other. 

I can promise you a future of slow decline.

Don't eat the yellow snow

And there you have it. 

https://soundcloud.com/2rightly

https://soundcloud.com/rightly

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2018, 05:33:49 PM »
great stuff
does seem spontaneous

It really is a fine fine song.

Will you get an album of your fineries together?

Thanks, Rightly.

We probably have enough material for two albums. The problem is that my partner Dave really wants us to make it on vinyl, which is really expensive. We have the funds to do it, but I know it's unlikely they'll sell, even at a loss, so we'd probably end up just giving them away. So I'm on the fence about it. It's expensive and seems a little crazy at this point, since we don't play out except for in music shops on borrowed guitars. Haha. My initial thought was we'd have a band and play gigs, and sell them that way (I know even that would be hard), but that doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Keith wants to release them on CD, which we could do easily and with very little risk since there are companies that will print to order for a fee, but that won't satisfy Dave's desire for an lp. So I'm just buying time until Dave makes me do it. Haha. I'm sure we'll do it eventually. He really wants to.

Lynn

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2018, 04:04:44 PM »
That's lovely to see!

Amazing that you got it together enough to meet up...and made the most of it too...well done!
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter