Freeloader (Ashes For Dreams)

• 20 Replies

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2018, 08:19:51 PM »
Hey all - just popping in to say thanks so much for taking the time to listen and the fab feedback! Completely chuffed ;D ;D! Laughing at @moraamarolaloba and your pigtails comment!!

Thanks again  - very much appreciated. This one was, as @Jambrains said a LOT of fun!!

Karen.

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2018, 07:43:29 PM »
Hi,
Like the title and catchy intro.
Then straight into the dual vocals which are unusual ( in a good way ) and then to the catchy chorus.
Getting at 80's vibe.
Good middle eight too with slide, takes the song somewhere else.
Then back to the repeating chorus - thats what I like!
I kind of wondered whether the song should be called "was he good?"
 :)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2018, 11:21:25 PM »
Hello Folks

Missed this earlier...

Great song and a lot of fun...vocals are generally great and really great in some parts...especially with that sort of pop-punk blondie/britney bubblegum style delivery...has instant massive appeal, I reckon...

Reminded me of a club we played at years ago...I was putting my Rickenbacker into its case when a very attractive young lady came into the (un)dressing room and asked me if I minded her whipping her kit off in preparation for her "turn" She carefully took off the very nice clothes she had on and put on a schoolgirls outfit...and I asked her what difference it could it possibly make as to which clothes she took off whilst dancing and what-have-you...but she said she gets 10x more work wearing (then not wearing) outfits that the punters prefer...1) schoolgirl 2) nurse  :'(

Just a thought...should the offer of a video present itself. I don't mean Jambrains though  :P

Super stuff...mix and production are top-notch too...real top quality!
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2019, 06:48:30 PM »
Guys,
Enjoyed the change of style - pop with hint of 60's garage.
Strong and simple music and catchy repeating chorus.
Liked the vocals with backing 'On was he good for me', lyrics good and amusing.
Good solo, I expect nothing less, and liked the middle 8 with slide and drums. Neat ending too.

Thoughts: occasionally it sounded like there were too many words to fit in with music. And whilst freeloader is a great title, I think the 'Was he good for me?' is the the better chorus. Possibly the bass is too prominent and maybe would sound cool with a slight distortion like its playing through broken speaker?
thanks for sharing
 :)
neil
songwriter of no repute..

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2019, 02:40:18 PM »
I thought I'd already commented on this...obviously not.

I gues the 'My Sharona' comparisons are inevitable with the bass line, but this is just as catchy in it's own right, particularly the chorus, as it should be.

You said it was fun working on this and for me, thats probably the word that best sums this track up, fun.

Great work guys, well executed.

Yodasdad.

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2019, 02:54:42 PM »
Definitely has a My Sharona feeling.

Some great guitars and arrangements.

I like how you are cramming the extra lyrics into the lines, adds some real dynamics to the song.

A great listen.

Sandeep