konalavadome

Editing Posts & Advertising - explanation...

• 0 Replies

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« on: November 09, 2018, 02:07:47 PM »
Hi All

I just wanted to post a bit of an explanation about the recent spate of editing of posts I have done recently relating to people "advertising" on this forum - and reassure you I haven't turned in to a mad dictator  ::)

Firstly, I completely accept that the recent posts have been well meaning and potentially really beneficial to the community here

However, I think it is good etiquette to seek permission before making offers to the wonderful people here

The reason for this is that there are many people out there who do want to "exploit" people's dreams of "making it" and we have seen various attempts to do this over the years - such as the classic: "I have listened to your demo and it has potential - pay me £££ and I will rewrite/produce it and pass it to **insert impressive name** where I can guarantee they will listen to it"

I feel very protective of the members here so I feel it is reasonable that I "vet" any advertising - even if it is offering "free stuff" - because I think we would get inundated if it were left as a "free for all"

There is also the commercial element - I made a decision to remove the advertising on this website to keep it "slick" and focussed, which removed an income stream

This means that I am personally funding the website (alongside the occasional greatfully appreciated donation) so I do use it as a tool to occasionally promote my own mixing, production and mastering services

I am not necessarily looking to restrict anyone that has something to contribute to the community - there may even be opportunities to link up for mutual benefit but I do not think it is "fair" for anyone to just turn up and start advertising without talking to me first

I will be updating the Guidelines to include this info but thought I would give you an explanation

So to clarify...

ALL advertising of "services" (songwriting courses, creative writing course, production, mixing, mastering etc.) must be approved by me prior to being posted

However, I am happy for any member to advertise their own music for sale  ;D
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic