Uber Love

• 19 Replies

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2018, 12:56:11 PM »
Well Paulski, I felt thoroughly let down by this- when I read that Paulski is going to be having fun with 'keys' I thought, judging by his usual level of proficiency, this is going to be a piano masterclass!!

I must be a bit slow on the uptake at the moment as even though you explained it, I actually had to listen to realise you meant keys and not keys!

So with my expectations shifted I no longer feel let down (much) we now have modulation masterclass, shifting effortlessly between 'keys'! Nicely done my friend. And you topped it off by cleverly writing about Uber!

Enjoyed it after all - now go and get back behind the piano, you've got some making up to do ;D

Yodasdad

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2018, 11:39:00 PM »
Late to this one too...catching upon SOTM entries...

It's a super song...excellent witty and perceptive lyrics with a great chorus...one of your finest, I reckon.

It could probably have been given a slightly more revved-up production...the drums are a little underwhelming which gives a slightly conservative feel to it...that's not meant as a criticism...I'd just like to hear you give it some more welly now and again.

But you do what you do better than anyone else I've heard...so why change a winning formula?

A great song. You're great.

Ps true story: I woke up this morning with "the night has a thousand eyes"  stuck in my head :)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 08:50:15 AM by PaulAds »
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2018, 11:54:39 AM »
Uber clever if you ask me Paul...such a talent..
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2018, 04:04:01 PM »
Hi Paul, touch of the Beatles and the Beach boys. Clever song well executed as normal. You have a rare talent to make something in a style that I would not normally like enjoyable.
Up to your normal high standard Paul.
Cheers
Jamie

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2018, 02:07:32 AM »
sorry to bump but need to give thanks..then we'll let 'er sink..  :(

@Yodasdad thank you kind sir. glad you thought the modulations worked  :)

@PaulAds thanks Paul - yep I hear you - needs a bit more beef. It started out as just accoustic and vocals so that probably explains it hehe

@shadowfax cheers Kevin - nice to hear from you - hope your move went well.

@Jamie thanks Jamie - means a lot coming from your good self  ;D