Perpendicular

• 21 Replies

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2018, 01:06:04 AM »
Another great track from you John.
The work you put into the arrangement here is astounding!
Cool lyrics - love the laugh/track near rhyme  ;D ;D

Wots not to like? Nothin!

Paul

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2018, 02:35:17 PM »
Hi,

Great English sounding track. Loved the dense, intricate and unpredictable arrangement and use of instrumentation. Your vocals ooze passion and control. Off the wall lyrics but free of cliche and over familiarity. Nothing to change, everything to like.

M

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2018, 06:43:17 PM »
Paul,
I think its got real promise but in soccer parlance its a a game of two halves.
The intro and verse with this descending guitars is powerful and I like the melody. The word and the way you sing the 2nd verse really work, on the first verse the lines 'Why on earth are they there, What are they going to do' sound a bit odd in terms of timing to the music imho

I'd be inclined to harmonise and/or put one an octave above on the chorus over 'you're doing something quite particular Got me hanging on a perpendicular track'. Its a catchy hook but sounds slightly underwhelming with just the deeper vocal and drums..

Being a simple soul I think id prefer more straight guitar pop version, they were the bit that really worked, but that's just the old fogie in me.
:-)
Neil

songwriter of no repute..

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2018, 02:51:30 PM »
Hey Pompey,

It’s a beauty!  Dark and menacing .  It is a quirky song.  Great title and guitars that crackle in the mix.  “I’m going to tell your Dad’  - really works in this song.  I think that I would keep this as a guitar based song with the strings but ease off the other VST’s. 

A very cool song!

Paul

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2018, 08:00:18 AM »
Thanks to all for your feedback once again. Some points to learn of course

So much appreciated  :)

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2018, 10:32:24 PM »
Quirky and cool and as some have said, interesting and unpredictable - really like the lyrics and the clever title.. I just love the ending and I guess the fact that I hit play again says it all... Very cool @pompeyjazz

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2018, 12:46:04 PM »
A quality musical offering from you, as expected Pompey.

I agree that the rhyming and hook of perpendicular works wonders.

My ears are not accustomed to listening critically at the moment, having not done so for a while. My opinion therefore may be way off the mark or particularly spot on, I've got no idea.

On first listen though, it seemed to be lacking a little in the bottom end and I thought I was detecting some 'pumping'??, which may be the reason for this??  Did you side-chain the bass or something.

Anyway, I bow down to your opinion as I know you're more than competent when it comes to production.

I'm still hearing the perpendicular hook in my head so you've definitely hit the mark there.

Yodasdad