Re-write I'll never let you leave

• 25 Replies

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2018, 10:49:27 AM »
Hi Jamie

Lovely song....sounding somewhat wistful and meandering (in a very good way)

Bass could be a little more legato, perhaps? It almost sounded keyboard-like in places, I thought...not that it's any sort of issue really...just crossed my mind as I was listening...and then it seemed totally different towards the end...and made what I'd typed look a little dopey...such is life!

Anyway....lovely floating vocals and I liked the slightly menacing low voice near the end.

V cool vibe  8)
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2018, 07:52:56 PM »
Hi Jamie - some beautiful pieces here - that harmony and resolution on the “do it” is so gorgeous and memorable.
Maybe not your catchiest, but I could hear a bit of Ben Watt in those vocals - very sincere, stretching perhaps at times, but really personal.

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2018, 11:59:51 AM »
Hi all, thanks for listening and commenting!

Hi WD, I always enjoy your arrangements so I take note of your comments Maybe next time eh?  ;D Some great comments so thanks!

Hi RKM, concise and to the point! What more do I want to hear? Nothing......

Hi Paul, you always mention my chord progressions which is a comment I love! Thanks for your kind comments, good to hear from you.

Hi Alexander, My songs are almost always too long, and I keep saying I'm going to do something about it.........Glad you enjoyed it and like your comment on the lyrics, thanks .

Hi Bill, very nice comments, thanks, I do like the odd power chord, but wanted a bit of subtlety in the build, but still wanted to get to a loud ending. Love your great song comment, thanks.

Hi Mikey, glad you mentioned the contrast I was trying to capture something with that.

Hi Paul good to hear from you again! I can't remember what I did with the bass I think it's my jazz bass with some effect or other, which gets doubled by synths later on in the song, maybe that's what you heard? Great comments, thanks!

Hi Adam,I'm always stretching with my vocals  ;D :P. I like that harmony too! Glad you got something from it!

Cheers guys
Thanks
Jamie

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2018, 08:04:50 PM »
Great chilled mood to this @Jamie - lovely melody as has been mentioned interesting progressions.. Put Tears for Fears in mind a little - I think it was your vocal.. Great build towards the end.. A very enjoyable listen and worth the rework I would say..

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2018, 01:18:38 PM »
Hi MDB, thanks for listening!

Glad you enjoyed it and especially mentioning the build towards the end which I hoped would be effective in conveying the emotion of the song. Always loved Tears for Fears,so that’s a nice compliment.
Cheers and thanks again
Jamie

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2018, 02:01:45 PM »
Hi Jamie, just caught up with this one,

That bass is sick by the way, has a great sound.

Really like the vocals and the reverb you have applied here, suits the whole vibe of this track.

IMHO, I would have ramped up the instrumentation on the chorus sections, maybe changed the drum rhythm or something , But hey, WTF do I know, Its your track and you did it your way and its cool.
Its always difficult to critique a song as its a personal expression..feel free to tell me to do one...lol

Great work dude.

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2018, 04:13:58 PM »
Hi CP, Thanks for listening it's great when you think somebodies picking up on your efforts to make something! Glad you enjoyed it! The bass is a plug in from Logic ProX I think it's called 'Stereo Traveller '. Makes a nice thick reverby sound!
Cheers
Jamie

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2018, 08:17:17 PM »
I liked this.

Your vocals are quite haunting, as are the lyrics.

I really like the electric piano sound....definitely makes the song.

A good listen.

Sandeep

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2018, 02:49:54 PM »
Hi Sandeep, glad you mentioned the electric piano as the song was mainly written with that sound in mind. Pleased you enjoyed it, thanks for listening!
Cheers
Jamie

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2018, 03:37:05 PM »
This is a sort of tone poem, there's no particular bit of melody to grab hold of and as such has a charm all it's own...just thought the vox was a bit loud Jamie... :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2018, 02:01:50 PM »
Hi Kev, I thought a tone poem was an orchestral piece as a single movement which is meant to be inspired by the emotion of the lyrical subject. Although it is meant to be emotive it still seems to me to be a very straightforward song structure i.e. verses, chorus ,middle 8 and outro type thing. So not quite sure if I'm getting the right message. Anyhow, I'll go away and listen to the vocals again, I didn't notice that they were too loud :P. Thanks for listening.
Cheers Kev, good to see you back!

Jamie