konalavadome

WYSIWYG Acting Up

• 3 Replies

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« on: October 10, 2018, 10:13:16 PM »
I'm finding that the WYSIWIG (what you see is what you get) editor is problematic at best... :(

Half the time it decides to insert its own arbitrary (I'm drunk - can't think of the word - it's how the post looks like) font type/size etc. When I haven't chosen anything.

It's worst on the sizes. I've had several occasions wjere I'm posting several links when it decides of its own accords it will make my links tiny (unreadable!). I haven't told it to change font/sizes - it just does it of its own accord. It's annoying!

Not sure you can do anything. Perhaps use a different post editor? Not a biggie but definitely irritating!

I'm using Chrome btw...

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 10:20:16 PM »
Also. I'm still getting an error when creating a topic (Error 500: Page isn't working.) The post still works but I have to re-open the site to see that I've posted correctly. And even then it shows that somebody else has the latest post and not me. (It's really bad programming whoever did that!).

It's been this way since I joined the forum. It won't drive me away but it's really irritating.

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 08:24:03 AM »
I have never come across issues when posting? What device are you using?

The 500 error did crop up and the web hosting support were very quick to rectify it, which I thought had fixed the issue for everyone

If you can post a little more about your device (and confirm that the same things happen when you are sober  :)) I will ask them to investigate again
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 09:37:05 AM »
The wysiwyg editor takes text formatting from the source when copy/ pasting. So if you copy your link from a link in a web page as opposed to the unformatted text in a browser address bar, it will paste the formatting information too (or a close approximation of it.)

It's irritating at times, yes, but if you use the quick reply instead (which I use 99% of the time, it's at the bottom of every thread) there are no formatting options, so you won't encounter these issues ever.

The editor you're having trouble with is the standard one for the forum software. We haven't altered it in any way.

The 500 error is a surprise though - I thought I'd hunted that one down and hung it on the hotel wall.

Might I also humbly suggest that you try posting while sober and see if that helps at all?..
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l