konalavadome

It's A Beautiful World Collab with Katieoasis

• 20 Replies

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2018, 12:58:55 AM »
Wow - I thought this was excellent. Great vocals, great lyrics, great lead guitar work, arrangement etc. etc.
Production is spot on too. Even the length is perfect.  :D :D
You've both really raised the bar with this one - instant classic!

Paul

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2018, 01:53:09 AM »
It's a beautiful collab song guys  :-* I'm late to the party, but I'm so glad I didn't miss this this one! It really does have a sweet innocent vibe,
which is very appealing to me :) Of course it's very well sung and the guitar solo is lovely. Excellent track :)

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2018, 03:06:56 PM »
High everyone,

Just a note to say how pleased I am with how well this has gone down. It's one of the best collabs I've been involved with - it just turned out so easily and was right from the get go. Thank you mainly to Katie for the inspiration.

It's a beautiful collab song guys  :-* I'm late to the party, but I'm so glad I didn't miss this this one! It really does have a sweet innocent vibe,
which is very appealing to me :) Of course it's very well sung and the guitar solo is lovely. Excellent track :)

Thanks Suzy - that innocent, simple vibe is what drew me to the lyrics.

Wow - I thought this was excellent. Great vocals, great lyrics, great lead guitar work, arrangement etc. etc.
Production is spot on too. Even the length is perfect.  :D :D
You've both really raised the bar with this one - instant classic!

Paul

Ha! - managed to make one short enough even for you! Thanks for the complimentary words. it means a lot coming from the maestro.

Whato @montydog - Just love the guitar sound, what is it?

Lovely honest song, and so nice to see Katies lyrics in motion.

Great prod btw.

Rich

Thank you Rich. I think it turned out great.

Hi Alan, Katie’s lyrics work so well with your musical style.  The acoustic rhythm works so well here, it has a percussive quality and is perfectly in time.  I’ve noticed how your productions suggest that a real band is at work.  I love the way  that different instruments come and go.  I’d say that there are  not enough songs that embrace positive messages.  Well done to you both!

Paul

Thanks Paul. I don't know why it sounds like a real band because it isn't but if it sounds like it is, that's the idea. Yep, more positive songs would be good but it's not my default setting.

Uplifting, simple and effective. Nicely driven along by the acoustic guitar and I love the speedy jazz runs. I like the images this piece brings to mind - a lovely happy little ditty. I can imagine this sitting slap bang in the middle of a Mark Knopfler album.

Hi Bill,

Mark Knopfler eh?  :) :) :) :) :) :)

Literally a beautiful song.

Some excellent guitars a and moving lyrics.

I really like the doubled up vocals too.
Sandeep

Thanks Sandeep, so pleased you liked it.

Really good listen from start to finish. Nice musical interpretation of Katie's smashing lyrics. Good work guys.

Thank you tfz - it was one of the easiest and quickest things I've ever done. I think that says something.

Really pretty. Liked everything about it. Great job interpreting Katie's lyrics. Sounds heartfelt and sincere. Great collaboration.

Lovely job. That is pretty much what I was aiming at.

Thanks guys for your comments - Alan did all the hard work xxx

It wasn't hard. It took me an afternoon once I had the melody. The vocal was straight through 1st time in once pass. Lyrics are what we sweat blood over but most of it was already there with this one.

This is an exceptional song. Hugely enjoyable to listen to. Hard to critique because it's so good. Thanks for collaborating on this one. Inspirational to all of us.

Wow mickyplankton - awesome comments. Thank you.

Hi Alan,

definitely up to your usual standard. Very good lyrics by Katie as well.

Keith

Yep, lyrics are simple but effective. pleased you liked it.

Yo Alan and Katie.

Such a fine,heartwarming song.

As others have hinted,the air of innocence makes the whole thing a delight,an uncomplicated ode to pure enjoyment.

As comforting as watching a burning log fire.

You two work well together.  8)

I meant to add....some lovely acoustic jazzy runs Alan. I dig.

Thanks Davy - I'm paranoid that I'm going break my run of thumbs ups from you. Lovely comments once again.

Yes, great vibe Alan and Katie. Love the simplicity and almost innocent feel to this. Lyrics slotted into the music very well.

Thanks pompeyjazz - you're echoing what others have said; it is the simplicity and lightness that works.

I like the voice very much and the music is very nice and optimistic

Hi ThomasThomas - see comments above!

Hi Monty
really great vibe on this, Instrumentation is pro, lovely driving feel on the acoustic.

Lyrics sit really well together and get the message over.

Some very nice playing on this, well done. Pleasure to listen.

Cheers
Andy

Super comments - glad you liked the production.

Very pretty, nice collaboration. I really appreciate happy, relaxed, uplifting, pleasant themes in music. There are so many (it seems) angsty, negative, sad mood songs. So I really like this one for not being one of those. :)

There is one place I would probably do slightly differently. The line: That life can be like a dream is divided like
LIFE     can be LIKE     a DREAM

And I would like do it like this:
LIFE     can BE     like a DREAM

Just my opinion. Overall I think it's very nice, a great collaboration!

Vicki

Thanks Vicki. Sorry it's not on my album but it will be on the next one!  I hear what you're saying about the phrasing but I just go with what sounds natural to me.

Some lovely positive comments on this track from the forum and it's a piece I'm very proud of. Thanks Katie.

M

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2018, 10:50:10 AM »
Really like this song..listened to it a few times in the motor while going here and there for stuff but never had time to post..my wife thinks it's fab!!
one thing that bothers me (but maybe it shouldn't) ids the acoustic guitar galloping along at twice the speed of the song :-\ still undecided about that but hey, love the song :)

best, Kevin
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2018, 04:03:11 PM »
been playing this song alot......great sound coming outa my speakers when this is playing... :) just so good had to comment again.. :)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 04:04:52 PM by shadowfax »
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2018, 07:52:14 PM »
Lovely happy song - great collaboration! Don’t hear many of those!! Or maybe I just don’t write many of them! That guitar work is fab and I love the organ lurking in there. Great!