konalavadome

ISRC Codes?

• 1 Replies

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« on: October 06, 2018, 12:49:36 AM »
1. Does a track always have the same ISRC code forever, or are there some situations in which the code might have to (or be allowed to) change?

2. Does anyone ever take care of getting their own ISRC codes or does everyone always delegate that duty to a digital distributor?

3. Would any distributors ever choose not to distribute a track if they did not assign its code themselves?

I don't recall hearing of ISRC codes before today and I'm a little confused. My first reading implied (I thought) an ISRC code was forever. Then I discover (maybe) an ISRC code assigned for the purposes of a specific project with a finite timeline will (maybe) expire at the end of the project (like for a non-profit fundraiser) and the track will need to get a new one.

So I'm slightly confused. I guess I said that already....

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 03:24:37 PM »
I spent some time searching the internet and talking to people. I decided to try submitting a song to CD Baby for distribution in order to get a code. Which has turned out to be a LITTLE more complicated than I expected, but when I'm done, at least I'll know how to do that. Plus I'll have a code for one song.