Websites!

• 9 Replies

misswhiterabbit

• Open Mic
« on: November 05, 2011, 09:51:07 AM »
Finally got mine finished, I wanted to keep it really simple, without having lots of links popping out everywhere or unnecessary information.

I tried to load it up when visiting my parents and it wasn't working, please let me know if there are any issues with it on your browser. Also I know the photos aren't clickable, I'm not big on photos so just wanted that page really simple.

http://www.silverinthelight.com

Thank you for testing it for me! Do any of you have personal websites to share? I sometimes think that as I have soundcloud it may be a bit redundant but at the same time it's nice having somewhere you can have your videos and photos all in one place, without any adverts!

Ramshackles

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • https://soundcloud.com/ramshackles
    • Ramshackles @ Facebook
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 11:08:16 AM »
cool website, what did you use to make it?

misswhiterabbit

• Open Mic
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 11:39:10 AM »
thanks Ramshackles. I just used 'iweb' which came loaded on to my macbook. I fiddled around with the coding a lot though and used my own domain name as I didn't want it to look like a prebuilt site. It's a great program if you can get it.

Mr.Chainsaw

• Solo Gig
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 01:06:54 PM »
If you find another guitar under your bed can I have it? ;)

Cool site. Clutter free yet stylish. White was a good choice, keeps it clean.

I kinda know where you're coming from with having the pictures "as is", but surely the point of a pictures section is so people can SEE you?

Like it!

Peter
Everything is easier said than done.

Except talking.

That's about the same.

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 03:55:15 PM »
This is a great tool for checking your website in old versions of the dispicable IE http://ipinfo.info/netrenderer/ other than that, just checking in latest versions of safari, firefox, opera and chrome should suffice. Works well in my browser (firefox 4)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

Dutchbeat

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 09:20:37 PM »
very stylish and classy!

superb website

and: that was some scratching demo! really great

thanks!

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 10:08:41 PM »
omg where did you get that carpet my mum & dad had 1 like that in there lounge 30 years ago!
anyway I like your website & am very impressed by your songs i cant imagine all the work that putting all these samples together to make a song would take
we made our own website with serif webplus but as we loaded it up with videos & songs the poxy hosting just couldnt handle the site proprly & it just took an embarressing long time to load  so we gave up on it & moved to reverbnation but thats another unsatisfactory  story  :(
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

flossie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 09:55:10 AM »
Hi Alice,

I love your website, wish I could build a website but I'm not good with stuff like that.

Well done!

Love

Flossie

misswhiterabbit

• Open Mic
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 07:19:49 PM »
Haha! I have no idea Tinam, that photo was taken at my parents house, must be a parent thing! Happy you like the music, it does take a little while to be honest. Thank you for having a listen!

Thanks Flossie :) x

DailyDean

• Busker
  • I'm Dean and I'm mean
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 03:43:31 PM »
Very swish. I like it. Clever you've formed that picture in the top border. :D Does iWeb come with all macs? I've got a mac mini but there was nothing like that on iLife.