What would Jimi Hendrix be doing now if here were alive?

• 8 Replies

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« on: September 25, 2018, 09:13:27 AM »
I had an idea...I listened to Paul McCartney's new album and it left me completely underwhelmed, so I then thought what would Jimi Hendrix (RIP) sound like now, what stuff would he be into?

Maybe do a song of how it would sound? would he have gone to dance, rap, disco, heavy rock? Would he still play with his teeth, behind his back? Would he have been into punk in the 70's

Just a thought...

cpm
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 12:38:08 PM by cowparsleyman »

Bobby Burrows

• Busker
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 11:49:43 AM »
I'd hope Jimi Hendrix and Slash would have gotten along.
That would have been sweet.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 01:36:46 PM »
I'd hope Jimi Hendrix and Slash would have gotten along.
That would have been sweet.
@Bobby Burrows - Yeah, how about some of those artists that go heading off in a different direction, like Cat Stevens (when he went all indian), or Queen (when they went all German Disco), I can just imagine him as a really cool rap artist as he was great with lyrics.

As a guitar king, maybe a slot with BB King, or that bonnamassa chap.

Thinking sideways, maybe he would have stepped in to fill George Harrison's shoes in the Beatles...or Brian Jones in the Stones...or the ultimate irony, stepped in for Stevie Ray Vaughn

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 11:08:42 PM »
As I seem to recall...though I don't remember where I heard it  ::) Jimi was edging toward Jazz. Sadly we may only speculate. He'd have been great whatever he chose to do. Our loss.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2018, 12:29:29 PM »
As I seem to recall...though I don't remember where I heard it  ::) Jimi was edging toward Jazz. Sadly we may only speculate. He'd have been great whatever he chose to do. Our loss.
@skub - Yeah, such a loss. He, like many that entered the caldera that is the music industry at that time, didn't know how to deal with it all, I think now there is a lot more awareness of the risks if one should make it big.

But there's a thought Skub, of Jimi getting off his stool and smashing up his Gibson Citation, whilst his Double bass player and Jazz drummer play 'All the things you are', with the audience throwing their pipes and slippers on to the stage.  :)

RIP Jimi, we miss you man.

Rich

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2018, 01:51:54 PM »

You and I shortly CPM.  ;D

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2018, 11:05:30 AM »
@Skub - Love it, I had to laugh..I already have fingers that resemble those on the guy that managed to plug his lead into his bridge...I get pain from arthritis in the tips of my fingers on my left head, and my amp is too heavy to cart about...and you, do you get any rock'n'roll related pain?

:-\

...I went to ELO in Nottingham last Sunday, I was convinced Jeff was wearing a syrup, and I bet when he went offstage he had a nice lie down with a mug of Ovaltine, and if the gig went down well, a chocolate digestive. It was really amusing, when the audience kinda warmed up and got into it, there were still a few thousand that seemed too old to get up and dance....

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2018, 08:37:07 AM »
Very interesting question CowparsleyMan. The parallel question is What would everyone else be doing if Hendrix was still alive? The reality is that the world would be completely different now if he had never died. This is because of the infinitely dynamic compounding effect of cause and effect relationships. Think about it. In the parralel universe where he is still alive, divergence from our world  would have exponentially increased from the point decades ago where the two worlds became separate entities.
I think he would be a retired kitchen fitter and you would be a global rock megastar

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2018, 06:56:07 PM »
@mickyplankton - Hi what a great twist, maybe he would be asking, what would cpm be doing now if he was still alive? Goodness there’s a thought.

Maybe he can explain dark matter to me, and the spaghettization of time when entering a black hole...

Exponential divergence of parallel universes, does that mean there are an infinite number of universes parallel to each one? And therefore everyone is a jimi hendrix in at least one universe?

Great post micky/jimi

Cpm