konalavadome

Looking for something on my Radio

• 25 Replies

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2018, 01:31:08 PM »
Used to hate this 80s synth style of pop but nostalgia has worked some magic and quite enjoy this stuff now.
Nicely realised, with loads of those tinny synths and brass noises that defined the era.
Catch, fluffy and really enjoyable.

Goodness @tboswell - fancy that, a convert, what was your bag? punk, Heavy Metal, Indy? Anyway thanks for the feedback, glad you liked it. (funny I was a total jazz rock/funk fan ages ago, but now I really love the songs on here, so much diversity and real talent, and just love the collabs that come on by...I just listened to Macca's new album and it really doesn't bring anything new to my ears, but new fresh stuff is always around here, from @pompeyjazz 's Oranges to @RealKevM - Too Late, Oh yes and that wonderful Underfelt by @Neil C  some time ago. But I guess Macca's on a hiding to nothing whatever he does...

'Catchy, fluffy and really enjoyable'  was exactly how I wanted it to be received, thanks

cpm

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2018, 06:46:28 PM »
Cheers for bigging my tune up mate :)

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2018, 08:23:22 PM »
Love a bit of 80s synth... this is spot on for the genre @cowparsleyman ... catchy as hell.. For some reason I loved the "just one night in France" line.. Not sure why - imagery I guess even without defining..

Really enjoyed it!

Karen

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2018, 11:02:23 AM »
@MonnoDB - Thanks for the listen Karen, greatly appreciated, glad you liked it, the night in france, well i have to be honest, I was running out of -ance rhymes or near rhymes that would make sense....

Got kind of away with it though.... :)

Regards

Rich

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2018, 04:15:05 PM »
Hi,

This catches the 80's synth vibe very well. I was 18 in 1980 so this sort of thing was playing in the clubs and on the radio all the time when I was living it large. I hated it then but now it's softened by the warm glow of nostalgia. Effective and very nicely realised.

M

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2018, 12:36:04 PM »
Hi,

This catches the 80's synth vibe very well. I was 18 in 1980 so this sort of thing was playing in the clubs and on the radio all the time when I was living it large. I hated it then but now it's softened by the warm glow of nostalgia. Effective and very nicely realised.

M

@montydog - Hi Monty, thanks for the listen and the feedback, that's the thing about nostalgia, one takes the things that were awful and in abundance, and then when they are rare as hell, they are held in high esteem, like Arp 2600's I saw Stevie Wonder curse like hell about those things, forever failing and switching off, but they were very much his sound. It goes to show how bad Austin Allegros were, nobody remembers those with any smidgen of fondness..

Glad you liked my '80's offering,

Rich

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2018, 07:56:56 PM »
Yo CPM.

Ah man,I love that bubbling synth.

Although,being a guitar freak,I was supposed to loathe the keyboard driven 80s,there were loads I really liked. Eurythmics,Howard Jones,Yazoo,etc.

Your snapshot of the era encapsulates the feel and the vibe,as well as being a cute little pop song regardless of decade definition.

Very cool.  8)

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2018, 08:06:45 PM »
Yo CPM.

Ah man,I love that bubbling synth.

Although,being a guitar freak,I was supposed to loathe the keyboard driven 80s,there were loads I really liked. Eurythmics,Howard Jones,Yazoo,etc.

Your snapshot of the era encapsulates the feel and the vibe,as well as being a cute little pop song regardless of decade definition.

Very cool.  8)

Whato @Skub , very kind of you to take a listen, and praise indeed from you, glad you like it, means a lot to me, also being a guitar freak...

I sense there is an closet '80 following here in the forum, folk like you and @montydog, also @Jack Simmons he's a young pup, but does a great '80's vibe. So might fire up the Jup or the SEM (never liked the dx7)  and try another...must take these shoulder pads now.

Cheers

cpm

Mutrins

• Open Mic
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2018, 11:45:38 PM »
Cool 80s vibe for sure!

kind of a Depeche Mode feel to it. kept thinking of Enjoy The Silence.

Great job!

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2018, 06:29:18 AM »

Lovin this Rich ;D ;D  Great groove and melodies. Modern sounding production, but it has
 a 70's Beach Boys feel going on there....somewhere ;D ;D
 Beautiful vocal.  Everything fits like a glove ;D ;D

Great work my friend...
 (be contacting you soon ;) )

Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2018, 08:43:16 AM »
@Mutrins - Goodness me, all too kind, with some of my songs, one might be better enjoying the silence! Funny I do like the Mode (especially when Vince was with them), but didn't set out to sound like that one...thanks for the listen and the feedback.

@Binladeda - Cheers oh wise one, I'm still figuring out your tasty fingering on the 'in a rush' (or whatever it's called) - really precise work there Mr B (what axe did you play it on?)  - as for this one, I appreciate your comments, Yeah - (@CaliaMoko - picked up that Beach Boys vibration (as it were)), it wasn't intentional, I just remembered that Erasure had a lot of layered BVox, as for my voice, I don't go much on it, but if others like it I go with it. Look forward to hearing from you. ;)

Thanks again for the positive feedback.

cpm