Always in a Hurry (Shorty Entry)

• 22 Replies

Bill Saunders

• Platinum Album
    • https://soundcloud.com/bill-saunders
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2018, 08:29:49 AM »
Boundless energy, bounce and above all fun. Don’t ask me about genres...maybe it’s my headphones but I would have been struggling to hear the lyrics in places if I couldn’t read them.

That aside, a minute of pure joy 😀

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2018, 12:36:35 PM »
Hi Vicki, Nice work, like the use of the echo, I couldn't see it ending in time, but by golly, you did it.

Good job

cpm

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2018, 03:32:52 PM »
@montydog : Sorry, man! That happens to me sometimes, too!  :o ;D And thanks for the lovely compliment.

@redrhodie : Thanks, Lynn!

@Bill Saunders : Thanks so much! Someone told me it's "trance pop". I wouldn't want a whole song like that--too boring; same thing over and over. But for a short piece, it works for me. Yes, Karen mentioned having trouble hearing some of the lyric, also. I need to see if I can figure out what to do about that....

@cowparsleyman : Thank you, cpm. It was almost exhilarating to figure out how to do that echo thing.

And thanks to everyone who has listened!

Vicki

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2018, 07:43:37 PM »
Vicki - funny how this sounded shorter than the others I've listened to so far......a treat of multiple rhyming enhanced by the echoes...the music.... the backing...really does fit the lyrical theme so well. Is very trancy.....so that's trance pop then is it?
Nicely done!
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2018, 10:19:05 PM »
Calia, this song is so fresh, your voice is so teenage... and your lyrics so deep.... I enjoyed it, really.
I love your signature.
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2018, 12:49:59 AM »
Vicki - funny how this sounded shorter than the others I've listened to so far......a treat of multiple rhyming enhanced by the echoes...the music.... the backing...really does fit the lyrical theme so well. Is very trancy.....so that's trance pop then is it?
So I've been told. I don't know genres except for obvious things like "country" or "jazz".
Nicely done!
Thanks!

Calia, this song is so fresh, your voice is so teenage...
OMG! I love you! Will you marry me??? My kids will agree (maybe) and my grandkids will think it's funny.
and your lyrics so deep.... I enjoyed it, really.
I love your signature.
Thanks a bunch!! And it's true. It's never too late, so long as you can still think. And--at least to some extent--move.

Thanks for taking the time to listen!

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2018, 01:07:27 AM »
great stuff vicki
love the kind of hurry up anxious cuckoo riff..
matches the theme of the lyric perfectly and vocals kinda spooky ..in a very good way
you get the image of someone scurrying this way and that
i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2018, 11:57:16 PM »
Hi Vicki, I love what you've done with this 1min track, and I'm the one honored to have your song referenced to mine. :)
I don't know what this genre would be called, and that is a compliment...creating knew genres is so much fun, as is this song,
but also very insightful. I can totally identify with the lyrics and your vocals are super  8)
You're ahead of me with your DAW, as I've not learned how to bus tracks ::)
great entry and good luck :)