konalavadome

Hits Sterix

• 5 Replies

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« on: September 03, 2018, 08:37:48 PM »

About two months in to my epic undertaking - reformatting/retyping/albumising all my vast collection of song lyrics - and this is the hard copy version. I've got a couple more "albums" to print off that are ready but there's a helluva lot more to gather together.

I'm currently just over 220 songs done so far, with another 80+ ready for formatting (I'm trying to stylise them similarly). God knows how many hand-written or typewritten ones I've got lying around the house - I dread to think!

Anyway, this is one of the things keeping me busy lately...

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 10:28:17 PM »
Nice one @Sterix .Keep em accessible on the forum as there is always a demand for decent lyrics

Sterix

• Platinum Album
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 08:10:30 PM »
I'll keep posting them, although it's hard to decide which ones I want to (I like so many of them!).

My current stack of revamped works. These are the finished "albums" (although I've got one more ready to print off). 244 songs in this pile. Still a long, long way to go.

Sterix

• Platinum Album
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 10:03:36 PM »
300+ songs now done...

(27 album's worth)

Not doing this as fast as I could do since I'm currently grinding away at GTA online! The next three "albums" will not be as quick as the others as two of them need me to rewrite some songs, write new ones altogether, and in the case of one of them, find some of my older songs to type up (and maybe rewrite a little).

Once these are done I'll be pretty much at the point where I've exhausted all my written-up songs (computer-wise) and am down to my handwritten stuff (mostly the older ones), the older printed lyrics (similar era), and my catalogue of half-written lyrics (have over 100 of those typed up) that need completing.

jacksimmons

• Solo Gig
    • Jack Simmons Music Facebook Page
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 10:22:32 PM »
Will all these lyrics be available to read at some point in the future? And have you written music/melodies for this lyrics? Some time next year when I am done with my album I would like to do an album inspired by 70s pop, but with lots of collaborators from the forum and elsewhere. Would be great to have somewhere to start with the words.
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/jack-simmons-1/albums
Bandcamp: https://jacksimmonsmusic.bandcamp.com/

"When I play a dope melody, anything less than the best is a felony." - Robert Matthew Van Winkle

Ramshackles

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • https://soundcloud.com/ramshackles
    • Ramshackles @ Facebook
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2018, 06:19:14 PM »
Great effort on having sooooo many lyrics...although thats a lot of tree you are using up ;)

Why not immortalise them online...you could use gitbook or something :D